1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Predictions For 2nd Round

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by franchise_3, Jan 14, 2002.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yes Officer I would like to report a rape.... Yes, I witnessed My Team Get ****ed in the ass by a Blind, old piece of **** .

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Hey he made the right call, yes the rule stinks, but the right call nonetheless. Even if you are tucking the ball in it still counts as an incomplete pass. :confused:

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Why do Games involving the Raiders always bring out the rules no one has ever heard of?

The Holy Roller ,
    Sliding with the Fumble into the end zone.. etc...

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

i'll predict sunday games since Sat games are done,

ravens over steelers 16-9

rams over packers 48-22

5. Lil Pun

Well I was just repeating what the guys from CBS, FOX, ESPN, etc. said. They all said it was a bad rule but a good call.

6. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I have been too busy puking. What a fugging let down. McNabb got game...

Good Season. Very Deflating.

Too Bad. :(

ps: I can't wait to see Philly get their asses handed to them. I lost all respect for their D when Hugh Douglas put that cheap shot on Jim Miller. I guess that is one way to make sure your team wins...

Oh and Moe - How about them Raiders???
    :rolleyes: No excuses, shouldn't have let it be that close...

Lil Pun - Do you even have a favorite team? Or are you just a little wanna be fan/troll? :rolleyes:

7. Band Geek Mobster

I'm starting to think the Eagles might be able to upset the Rams too if the Packers don't...

The running QB is almost impossible to stop...

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm a neutral fan and I thought what Hugh Douglas did was pretty punkish. Miller wasn't even trying to make a tackle. He wasn't even near the play. I know the hit was legal (I'm not saying Douglas is a dirty player) and football is a violent sport etc...but that takedown was unnecessary. It wasn't a slight shove, Douglas hammered Miller's shoulder into the ground.

9. Major

Major Member

<B>The running QB is almost impossible to stop...</B>

Maybe so, but the last two Superbowls were won by extraordinarily immobile QB's. I'm still not convinced it leads to consistent winning. Yeah, it creates some phenomenal plays (McNabb 40 yd run last week), but it puts too much emphasis on one player in the long-run, I think.

10. Band Geek Mobster

Well the trick is having a running QB that knows what he's doing. Steve McNair almost won that super bowl in the 2nd half all by himself because of his ability to avoid the pass rush and free up his WR's. Hell, the play before the yard short pass happened just because of McNair's ability to avoid the rush.

The new running QB's (Culpepper, McNabb, and Vick) are still on the raw side and have many more years to refine their skills.

A running QB can win with average WR's, an immobile QB needs pretty good WR's or a super defense like Dilfer had.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Well Wink Both our teams lost In The Divisionals , My Team played a First place schedule, You Team played a last place schedule, Regardless they both lost and both of us ragging on the other team's loss cancels each other out, Good luck next year.

12. Lil Pun

Hey what Hugh did was completely LEGAL , defensive linemen are always taught to block the QB after an interception, even if he isn't a tackling threat, and all the announcers and sportscasters said the exact same thing, but oh yeah I forgot Jim Miller is one of the NFL's premier QBs. :rolleyes: And even if Philly loses in the NFC Championship game, I mean at least they got there, don't get upset because YOUR team just got their asses handed to them.

Of course I have a favorite team and since 1990 (when I first got into football) I have been a loyal fan of the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm not a bandwagon person, I stick with my team through thick and thin it just so happens Philly is winning after a couple of bad seasons and I am more than happy to brag. :D

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

BTW, to reinforce what Lil Pun said, the hit on Miller is something that's been practiced for years. I seriously doubt that there's a team in the league that doesn't tell their defense to go after the quarterback after he throws a pick. It may not be the nicest play, but if you don't think the Bears would've done the same thing (if given the opportunity) you're mistaken.

14. Sonny

Funny that you only start to mention that now... :rolleyes:

The Bears got beat 33-19 14pts is an ass wooping?

They were leading 14-13 so it was not a blow out. Like I said Mcnabb is good and he made some big plays. If the damn injury bug doesn't bite Booker, Miller, and Brown then it could have been different. The Bears offense did not even show up. At least I am not a Green Bay fan... That was an ass wooping.

Moe - good luck next year. We will see what the Bears do with a first place schedule. They did everything right this year with their schedule.

15. Sonny

The hit may have been "legal" just like the call in New England. But both need to get addressed in the offseason. Both are bad calls. Should be considered roughing the passer to me.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why dont we just say you can never hit the QB anymore. Let's get rid of sacks too, and put flags on the QB's belt.

As mentioned, you can be positive a player like Ulracher or one of those 300 lb behemoths would have done the same thing given the chance. Further, the hit (and this was also mentioned by the sportscasters) was not huge or anything. He just drove him into the ground strong. It was a good, smart move. It's what helps you win games. Even if Miller wasnt injured, you can be sure he would have remembered the hit.

Finally, did the Bears O not show up, or just get beaten by the Eagles D.

17. Sonny

I guess you are a sudden Eagles fan too huh? :rolleyes:

I love to see a quarterback get popped. That is not the point. I am saying that you should not be able to unfairly hit someone. The QB is not a blocker. He was not in the play. That is a BS rule. Why not injure the kickers on kick offs? There is no rule against that. It is a dirty way to play the game. You didn't see the Bears hitting McNabb after he threw that pic that was returned for a TD...

The Bears O was there - just got "injured"... This was the Bears first playoff game in 7 years... No Excuses though, too many turnovers and no execution. Philly has a good D, but they are vulnerable.

Let's see how good Philly's D is next week huh? Green Bay had a good D and they got killed. St. Louis also killed San Fran who beat Philly earlier this year...

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Not true. Green Bay's defense actually did much better than I thought-- they held the Rams to 292 total yards, the lowest the Rams have had all season. However, 8 turnovers, including 4 interceptions returned for TDs (three actually were, another was inside the 5), were what killed the Packers. Also, the team X beat team Y who beat team Z argument is weak. The Packers beat the Bucs this year. The Bucs beat the Rams in St. Louis. The Packers were demolished by the Rams in St. Louis. Not a good argument.

BTW, Philly is a clearly different team now, imho, than in the regular season. Something about Donovan McNabb makes him that much more dangerous against good defenses in the playoffs. In addition, that Philly defense is really suited to beating a team like St. Louis. The teams that beat the Rams (Bucs, Saints) did so by pounding the Rams physically for 60 minutes, and that resulted in turnovers. With the Eagles defensive schemes, I think they might get more heat on Warner than either Tampa or New Orleans.

19. Lil Pun

Why the hell are you so bitter Wink??? I have mentioned I was an Eagles fan in posts before so I am not a sudden Eagles fan. I've been with them through Buddy Ryan, Rich Kotite, Ray Rhodes, and I'll stick with them through Andy Reid.

Ass kicking or not the Bears lost, get over it.

Excuses, excuses...

Oh yes, well I guess their offense forgot to show up all season huh? Just another excuse... :rolleyes:

Bad calls, no way but bad rules maybe but everything was legal and called correctly according to the rules now.

Funny how you say that but keep coming up with excuses for the Bears losing. :rolleyes:

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I think it would be hard to name one team that hasn't been smacked silly by the refs in the playoffs.