1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Predictions For 2nd Round

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by franchise_3, Jan 14, 2002.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

I'd really like to see the Bus run through 700 lbs. of Sam Adams and Siragusa.

:rolleyes:

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Oops...probably because I just copied my predictions from the old thread. anyway, here they are again...

New England 20
    Oakland 21

Pittsburgh 31
    Baltimore 13

Green Bay 33 OT
    St.Louis 28

Chicago 24
    Philly 21

AFC...Oakland pulls off the upset in New England, although at the beginning of the season you wouldn't think it would've been an upset. Pittsburgh goes off against Baltimore's defense, while their defense pretty much shuts down Elvis and co..

NFC...After furthur consideration, I've decided to pick a Green Bay upset over the Rams. Favre will lead the 4th quarter comeback. Chicago edges out Philly in a close game, in which Philly scores all of their points in the 2nd half.

3. Major

Major Member

<B>Green Bay 33 OT
    St.Louis 28 </B>

Did the NFL invent a new 5-pt play? :)

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is just a random thing I found on ESPN that I thought was funny. I'm sure you can find dumb quotes by fans of everyteam, but here it is anyway:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs01/s/2002/0114/1311234.html

"I remember watching McNabb play in high school and I have great respect for him as a player. But we are talking about the Bears defense. The D-line matches up with any O-line in football and Rosevelt Colvin is a sack machine at outside linebacker. Throw in Warrick Holdman always keeping one eye glued to McNabb, Urlacher, Mike Brown, Michael Green, R.W. McQuarters and even Walt Harris playing well against the pass and the Bears will show Philly what it feels like to hold a team to single digits. Besides, the Eagles looked porous when Mike Alstott ran the ball and the A-Train brakes for nobody.
    Steve
    Chicago"

Here's Alstott's Line:
    BUCCANEERS ATT YDS AVG LONG TD FUM
    Mike Alstott 12 32 2.7 15 0 0

The Bucs as a whole only had 63 yards rushing. Do homer fans even bother watching the games or reading the stats?

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Patriots 27
    Raiders 20

Eagles 13
    Bears 17

Packers 28
    Rams 37

Steelers 7
    Ravens 3

6. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Whew. Based on your NBA championship predictions...I feel real good about my team... :D

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Patriots 21
    Raiders 17

Eagles 22
    Bear 24

Rams 30
    GB 21

Ravens 6
    Steelers 16

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

I am starting to feel some love for the Bears. :D

JayZ - that guy is an idiot. Philly has a good Defense. But they are 18th against the rush. Something that the Bears power running game can take advantage of.

They shutdown Tampa's running game though... Bears have a better Offensive Line (2 pro bowlers) and a better rushing back. The Real A-Train! :)

9. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Ravens @ Steelers-Steelers
    I think the Steelers will win a close one (21-14). I wouldnt mind being wrong on this one.

Eagles @ Bears- Bears
    McNabb will make it interesting (17-10) but I still see Bears stingy "D" winning the game.

Oak @ New England-Raiders
    Oak wins a shootout (28-27). Pats tough at home but I can never pick against Oaktown.

Packers @ Rams-Rams
    Too much Rams Offense (34-21). Favre will play well but Rams still win. I hope I am wrong on this one too. Too many Rams bandwagon fans.

10. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Predictions....
    Ravens 27 Pittsburgh 13
    The Ravens kicked Miami's ass. I think they will do the same thing to Pittsburgh. With the fat guy in the middle Bettis will be forced outside and Ray Lewis will swallow him up. Pittsburgh's best chance is to come out throwing. The best play against the ravens is the delayed screen to the Tight End (where you fake a play left and throw right to the TE). The other play that works is a fake sweep left and a rollout to the right. Kordell is very effective in the rollout so they could use that to their advantage. The Titans used those two plays very effectively against them in the past. Bettis will probably be neutralized. He may get lucky and run for 54 yards.

St. Louis 34 Green Bay 16
    The Rams will destroy Green Bay. I don't think Farve can save the Pack. Warner is just too much. He's in a groove and he's playing on AstroTurf. Warner will throw for 250 in the first half and the game will be over before it begins.

Philadelphia 16 Chicago 13
    I don't like either team. Ulracher is dominating, but Philadelphia can neutralize him with McNabb's ability to run. McNabb should hit on just enough plays to win this one. I'm tempted to say this game will be all FG's, but I won't do that. The bears will be very sad when Ackers hits a game ending FG.

Raiders 27 New England 21
    I'm not a big Raider fan, but with the protection they were giving Gannon, he will have enough time to find his WR's in this game. New England will have a tough time matching up.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'll put a friendly wager on the game. What did you have in mind?

13. Lil Pun

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Take this loss and shove it you know where, Wink3Cat5. The Bears are off to hibernate once again. Total luck and nothing but as my Eagles have crushed ChicagHO to reach the NFC Championship. IT FEELS SO DAMN GOOD!!! :D

14. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Hahahaha Bears freaking suck!

The one time they run into bad luck, they fold like a cheap tent.

Bears will go 6-10 next year.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Bad luck? The Bears were lucky to get the scores they did, else it would've been about 33-3. :D

BTW, I definitely agree with you on the pick next year. Every time the Bears played a good team this year (Baltimore, Green Bay twice), they got outclassed. Nothing different today. With a first place schedule next year, I'd be surprised if the Bears can get a winning record.

Also, is anyone else really impressed with the Eagles? McNabb looked great, the defense looked superb, and I loved the reaction after the game. They didn't go around celebrating because they knew a greater goal lies ahead. They'll probably be underdogs against whoever they play next week, but I wouldn't be surprised if they found a way to win, or at least keep it close.

16. Lil Pun

I was very impressed but my opinion is bias since I am an Eagles fan.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I WAS RIGHT, THE BEARS WERE A BIG, FAT FLUKE

18. Lil Pun

Yes they were, I see Wink3Cat5 hasn't responded yet???

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I LOVE NFL OFFICIALS!!!!!

:D:D:D

20. Lil Pun

I suppose this is in response to the OAK - NE call of the incomplete pass???