1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Predictions For 2nd Round

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by franchise_3, Jan 14, 2002.

1. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

Eagles over Bears- the Eagles D looks awsome and the Bears O sucks hard, and the eagles will depend on McNabb to Thrash because the Bears are bad against the pass

Packers over Rams- I just cant see Brett Favre losing, he has so much passion for the game and the D is so hyped up for this game

Raiders over Pats- I though the Raiders D was bad, but against them Jets they played really good, with Garner rushing for 100 and Rice catching more than 150, this Offense looks very good

Steelers over Ravens- this is a tossup for me, they split the regular season 1-1, but Kris Brown missed 4 FG's(steelers), i think they should of won

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Eagles over Bears, the Bears have just been lucky all season but come crunch time they'll get crunched.

Rams over Packers, I would like the Pack to pull it out but I just don't see that happening. Sorry. :(

Patriots over Raiders, I like the Patriots and I'll pick 'em to win over the black and silver.

Ravens over Steelers, I think the Ravens D will save the team again and advance them to the AFC Championship for the 2nd year in a row.

3. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Aww man, I gotta move 'em over here to this thread?!?!?!:mad:ok, fine!

Bears-18
    Eagles-10

Raiders-24
    Patriots-17

Rams-28
    Packers-24

Steelers-17
    Ravens-14

What the hell am I doing!?

BTW the best game this weekend will be Steelers vs. Ravens...i think.

BTW, I can't wait to add the TEXANS to this equation next year!!!!

4. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Philly - 10
    Chicago - 31

Oakland - 27
    New England - 28

Green Bay - 24
    St Louis - 34

Baltimore - 13
    Pittsburgh - 34

mr_oily - at least one person on here knows what they are talking about. The Bears are gonna beat the Eagles.

Lil Pun - Some people say you make your own luck by playing hard. It seems like they are getting so "lucky" it might actually be skill huh? :rolleyes: I would rather my team win with a big play than lose.

The Bears O is not as bad as it seems. They avg over 20 pts a game. Who Needs Offense when you got their D? If the Bears score 13pts or more they win. 13-0 this season. Imagine what they would be doing if they had Marcus Robinson back? Watch out for Marty Booker, Anthony Thomas, and David Terrell to have big games. Oh and the D will crush Philly. That's the bottom line.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wink , If The Raiders Lose and The Bears win I will publically declare the Bears are for real , If The Bears Lose and The Raiders win I will declare them a huge fraud , If They both Win It will be a tie . And If they both lose I will still declare the Bears a fraud

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Fog Bowl 2, baby!

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Patriots 21
    Raiders 10

Ravens 16
    Steelers 9

Eagles 17
    Bears 14

Packers 34
    Rams 31

RM95 1 heart attack from second nerve wracking Pack game in a row.

8. haven

haven Member

Raiders defeat the Patriots - The miracle season ends here... Raiders just have better playmakers, and the Patriots don't have the depth to compensate.

Ravens defeat the Steelers - I just don't believe in Kordell Stewart... particularly not against the Ravens D.

Eagles defeat the Bears - McNabb wins this one single-handedly

Rams defeat the Packers - I really hope Favre pulls a miracle, but I have to go with the Rams at home. If this were at Lambeau, I'd go with the Pack.

9. Sonny

I thought you already declared they were real ???

Great Moe quote from Week7 NFL predictions:

:D

Hey, I called the Raiders in the SuperBowl then, they could still do it. The New England game will be tight, they could win. That's why I said 28-27. The Raiders are just too confusing, they back into the playoffs with 3 losses and lose homefield. I don't have a lot of faith in them.

If they win, I will publicly come out and say they are for Real.

:rolleyes: :D

The Eagles won't be lucky enough to get the FogBowl Part II, they have to see the Bears coming and they can't run!

GO BEARS!!!

10. Band Geek Mobster

I'll say it over here too...

Bears are gonna lose!

11. franchise_3

franchise_3 Member

omg , Bears putting up 31 points?
    they struggle to put up 17 points and theyre gonna get 31?
    Against an Eagles D that is very good?

12. Sonny

Anyone want to put a "friendly" wager on the Bears Game?

#12 Sonny, Jan 14, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2002
  13. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Good grief...

The Ravens get no love.

Do you guys realize that Kordell had 2 straight bad games to end the year?

Or do you realize that Bettis won't find much running room up the gut?

I really don't see anyway for Pit to move the ball on Bal.

Factor in the fact that Kris Brown is one of the worst kickers in the NFL. Toss in the fact that there will probably be some wind in Pit on a January afternoon.

The Ravens basically coasted through the regular season.

It all reminds me of the 2001 NBA playoffs when everyone and their mother picked SA to win it all. Failing to realize that the Lakers coasted through the regular season, and flat-out know how to win.

The Steelers haven't gone to the playoffs since 97. It will be interesting to see if they can step it up against the defending champs.

14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Oops...see below.

#14 DieHard Rocket, Jan 14, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2002
  15. Sonny

You are off a little...

Its Philly @ Chicago

And GB @ St. Louis

Bears Win Regardless!!!

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

New England over Oakland -- I think it will be cold....I think the Raiders looked good....AGAINST THE JETS!! and the raiders still couldn't stop the Jets offense when they needed to.

Pittsburgh over Baltimore -- I think Pitt is just a better all around team...and...as funny as it sounds..a much more dynamic team. i think miami made baltimore look a lot better than they are.

green bay over chicago -- in what will likely be the best game this weekend, i think.

st. louis over philly -- the rams are just too good...if they don't commit significant turnovers, they simply don't lose.

17. Sonny

Max - see above. Philly@Chicago GB@St. Louis

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

c'mon guys, pay attention to who is actually playing who!

My Choices:

Raiders over Pats - The Patriots have had a run of good games that I think will end.

Steelers over Ravens - I dont expect the Ravens to be able to move the ball at all either, and the Bus in my opinion is as freakish a physical specimen as Ray Lewis.

Rams over Packers - This is probably the best game of the bunch in my opinion. Rams have looked very good, but Favre and company have playoff experience as well.

Eagles over Bears - This may not be pretty, but the Eagles seem more balanced while just as dominating on defense.

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Like in Kidrock's thread

Rams over Pack

Bears over Eagles

Pats over Raiders (Im a realist)

Steelers over Ravens

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think the Ravens looked good yesterday, but a few people are overestimating them. The Steelers consistently were the best team I'd seen all season long. Neither of Kordell's last two games mean that much, since Pittsburgh had homefield practically wrapped up. In fact, if I had a vote, I would've voted Kordell Stewart MVP. The one main difference between that team this year and previous years has been his progression in reading defenses and not making mistakes. It's his better play that has boosted the Steelers all the way from average to a Super Bowl level, and that to me makes him the most valuable.

I still don't see how the Eagles lose to the Bears... and I'm putting money on it too. :p Both teams have good defenses, pretty solid running backs and offensive lines, etc. The difference is that Philly has a gamebreaker in McNabb at QB. Philly wins a relatively low scoring but close game.

The Packers and Rams is easily the most intriguing matchup. Favre vs. Warner, Green vs. Faulk, etc. The Packers are going to have to score and score often to beat the Rams, and as a Packer fan I realize it's going to take some career days from certain players. However, St. Louis has played 3 very physical football teams this year: New Orleans twice, and Tampa Bay. They lost 2 of those 3 games, and both at home. The best game for the Pack to look at is the first Saints game in St. Louis. The Saints hit them hard, blitzed, got the entire offense out of rhythm, and caused eight turnovers. I don't think we'll see 8 turnovers on Sunday, but if the Packer defense commits itself to being physical and putting a pounding on the Rams, I think they'll turn it over a couple of times. If this happens as I expect, it should be very close, and I wouldn't bet against Brett Favre in the fourth quarter of a playoff game.

And finally, the fairy tale doesn't end here for Brady and the Pats. While they may not be to the level of the Steelers, they should be able to take care of the Raiders at home. The Raiders barely beat the Jets at home, and really struggled to make crucial stops when the game was on the line. However, the offense continually bailed them out. With the crowd roaring and the Patriots feeding off that emotion, I can't see the Raiders scoring the points they need to win this game.