1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Playoffs: Conference Championship Predictions

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by The Cat, Jan 21, 2002.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Let's get this started now.

AFC

Steelers 31
    Patriots 13

The Pats are a great story, and I gained even more respect for them after this last comeback, but the Steelers are just like a machine. Passing, running, defense-- they are complete. There really isn't an area on that team that I can point to as a weak spot. Combining that with homefield, and I think the Pats are overmatched. Steelers by at least a couple of TDs.

NFC

Eagles 27
    Rams 24

The Eagles have made believers out of me. There are some players and teams, especially in football, that just have an ability to be more dangerous come playoff time, and I think the Eagles are one of those teams. Donovan McNabb is also one of those players. If he can avoid the mistakes that Favre made and buy time in the pocket, there will be players open downfield. When Favre looked downfield, he had receivers open many times. The Eagles can score points, and their defense can play the Rams as good as anyone. As good as the Rams are, they've only played four games in which the opponent really hit them hard-- the Eagles, Bucs, and Saints twice. They are 2-2 in those games, and should be 1-3 if the Eagles had recovered a late fumble in their game. With the way the Eagles blitz and hit you hard, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rams make a couple of mistakes. That might be all Philly needs.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Steelers 17 Pats 10.

Rams 31 Eagles 21 (Cant pick against the Rams on turf baby!)

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Patriots at Steelers - The Pats couldnt even beat some crappy old injured team like the Raiders without help from The NFL Rulebook, The Bus is going to be back with a vengence .

Steelers 34 Patriots 21

Eagles at Rams - Its going to be closer than you think But Can The Eagles hold 11 corks under water for 60 minutes? I dont think so, They will presure Warner but Faulk will run the ball.

Rams 19 Eagles 17

#3 moestavern19, Jan 21, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2002
  4. Major

Major Member

Rams & Steelers, both in routs. Superbowl, I think, will be far more interesting.

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Steelers 24 Patriots 17

Rams 23 Eagles 22

6. junglerules

junglerules Member

Steelers 23
    Pats 13

Rams 27
    Eagles 17

Rams and Steelers are just too potent. I think the superbowl will look a LOT like rams and titans 2 yrs ago. Not a bad thing at all, but i wish it actually WAS the titans again....

Super Bowl

STL- 30
    Pitt- 17

7. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

OK I feel like the Steelers are more than 2 TD's better than the Pats but I just can't be on that big of a margin so I'll say:

Steelers 27
    Pats 13

OK the Rams offense is awesome and their defense can be very good. However, you have to factor in the fact that I will be rooting for them. I'm hoping they pull it out:

Rams 24
    Eagles 17

8. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

I do not see the Patriots able to consistently move the ball against that fierce Pittsburgh defense. Steelers by 17.

I do not see the Eagles beating the Rams either, because the Rams have a great offense, and a much improved defense. Rams by 10.

I will say this, if Donovan McNabb leads his team to victory over the Rams, and into the Super Bowl, I will say he is the best player in the NFL, no questions asked.

9. Dirt

Dirt Member

There really isn't an area on that team that I can point to as a weak spot

How about their kicker?

IMO,the Rams are the best team in the NFL,and right now,the Eagles are playing their best ball. This game might be the real Super Bowl!!

As much as I love the Eagles,the Rams win 21-17

Oh yeah,the other game Steelers 24-14

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I don't see the Eagles beating the Rams in St. Louis, so I'll pick the Rams in that one 28-20.

Meanwhile, the Steelers look like a team on a mission, they route the Patriots 31-10.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

i think the steelers will beat the pats...though i'm really rooting hard for the pats!!

I have this funny feeling the eagles are going to upset the rams. i realize that sounds crazy after yesterday's game...but i just have a feeling that the rams are going to believe their own hype.

12. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Steelers 24
    Pats 17

Rams 38
    Eagles 27

13. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Possible, but most reports I've heard say that his problems have more to do with the wind swirling at Heinz Field. Remember, he was fine the last two years at Three Rivers. Assuming the Steelers make it past the Pats, I don't think it'd be too bad for him in a dome stadium.

14. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

I like the Steelers over the Pats ( 27-17) but I'm rooting for the Pats.

I like the Eagles to upset the Rams (24-14) but I could be really wrong!

Does anyone know the kicking record of opposing kickers in Heinz Field? It doesn't seem to me that opposing kickers are having the troubles that Kris Brown is....

15. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

Eagles 28, Rams 24: I am a huge Eagles fan and I believe that they can go all the way!
    Steelers 17, Patriots 13: I think the Patriots deserve to lose after winning on a cheap call.

16. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I don't think anyone should pick against the Rams, and I won't.

but. . . an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl would be pretty interesting. not quite the Subway Series but still lots for the sportsmouths to salivate over.

and I'll give 1 million dollars cash--RIGHT NOW-- to anyone who picked Pittsburgh and New England [without Drew Bledsoe] for the AFC Championship.

still. . . it's all about the Rams.

where is the Super Bowl this year, anyway?

17. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

n'awlins

18. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Rams- 28
    Eagles- 14

Patriots- 24
    Steelers- 21

The Rams are on a roll, and I dont see anyone beating them. I honestly feel the Pats can beat the Steelers if they can keep it close until the 4th quarter. This should be a great game!

19. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Steelers 42
    Patsies 13

Rams - 31
    Eagles - 34

20. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Steelers vs. Rams