1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL hiring policy is ridiculous

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by NJRocket, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Could you refresh my memory on this?

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I'm saying ALL OF YOU. Not just Timing. Not just NJRocket. I'm saying ALL OF YOU sound stupid.

Everyone has a choice to discuss things in a civilized manner or to act like children. You don't have to like anything anyone says, but freaking out on people says more about yourself than it does about those you would argue with.

3. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

If I am not mistaken I think the league also made some adjustments to the policy of waiting until teams are out of the playoffs before you can talk with their coaches. Which should help clear up the Marvin Lewis problems from a couple of years ago. I think Lewis will get a coaching job this off season. I think he passed up the MSU job because he knew this. I really think he would be a good fit in Jax.

4. nateb40

nateb40 Member

I have one question. How many white coaches are there at black colleges?

5. Major

Major Member

Can you tell me what % of those 149 coaches are Catholic? I'll bet it isn't nearly as high a % as the % of players who are Catholic. I think thatevery time there is a coaching vacancy, the team should be FORCED to interview Catholic coaches.

If the NFL sees this is as a problem and sees bias against Catholics in the coach hiring process, as an organization decides it needs to do something internally about it, and all the teams agree with that decision, I don't see a problem with that requirement.