1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Super cool, I'm gonna wait for the series x to come out before I get it.

RC Cola likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Why is he flying lame planes and not bombing stuff?

RC Cola likes this.
  3. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

anybody have any idea when they might offer pre orders for PS5? i know the rumored date of release is nov 20 or something...pre orders should be up soon no?

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I don't think anyone knows for sure. I guess they might do another "surprise" event on short notice, and they might give final release details at the event (including info on how/when to pre-order). One of their execs said they'd give you enough notice in advance before opening pre-orders, so I imagine it would have to be fairly soon. There was talk of a PS5 event this month, but at this point, maybe that slipped to September.

In other news, this game has been getting a lot of buzz:

If you're like me and pretty ignorant of the lore behind this story and/or you just want some more translations, I strongly recommend this breakdown of the demo:

Summary: This is a very impressive looking game (especially in regards to graphics) targeting PC and next-gen machines developed by a small(ish) studio in China. This demo was released to help recruit members to their team, although apparently it was a bit too successful as now other studios are trying to poach their talent. I'm hoping they're able to keep it together and accomplish their goals with the game. I'm skeptical of a lot of games in this early state (I see impressive demos all the time), but it would definitely be interesting to see some studios in China put out AAA games rivaling the ones we see from Western/Japanese studios. In any case, don't expect to see much from this game for another 2+ years (and that's probably if things go well), but it is fun to think about what might be possible in the near future.

There were some DC games shown off today, including a next-gen only Suicide Squad game made by Rocksteady (they made the Batman games from recent generations). I was honestly not that impressed by what was shown, so I won't even bother linking them here, but if that's your kinda thing, you can probably find it pretty easily online now.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Want this game for Xbox one. Wish it would come out now.

Gonna be a tough decision on whether I get a PS5 or an Xbox.

6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

#206 Blatz, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They never say what those demos are running on
    PC?

Blatz likes this.
  8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Playstation 2

9. tinman

Supporting Member

it's at least 1080p

10. RC Cola

If it doesn't say, it usually is PC.

The Suicide Squad trailer looked kinda CG-ish on top of that, so it maybe wasn't even real-time. I think some are debating it wasn't CG, which I guess is possible (high end PC or even PS5/XSX can do a lot), though not sure I really care since it was super cinematic. The entire thing seems built only to advertise the game, which to me implies it was possibly outsourced, but maybe they just built it to demo their tech. They probably should have said "running in real-time" or something to that effect if it was representative on in-game graphics (gameplay or cutscene).

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

12. KingCheetah

Where is the hurricane and flooding?

tinman likes this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

that's nice, i can see the rats crawling out of the astrodome. how realistic!

14. RC Cola

Next-gen Call of Duty:

This includes a price hike to $69 for PS5/XSX, similar to what Take Two did. Yay.:rolleyes: Also has some sorta confusing (IMO) details on how/if you can upgrade from PS4/XBO to PS5/XSX.

In other next-gen news, a new Switch might be out next year:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...raded-switch-console-and-major-games-for-2021
    Sounds more like an upgraded model vs a new generation, but I'm not 100% sure.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

Bad timing.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody wants that game. Even if it is next gen. They want Modern Warfare & Warzone to continue as it is. Lol

17. RC Cola

UPDATE TO MY PREVIOUS ANSWER:

They're now sending out email invites to people for pre-order registrations (register to get updated about pre-orders I think, not actual pre-orders...yet).

You might be able to just register from this URL:
    https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2020/ps5-direct-pre-orders/

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL....register to pre-order pre-orders. Sony doesn't want to reveal price before MS. MS doesn't care bout price, but can't counter any Sony pricing if they want.

19. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

i've seen a few other stores doing that as well..no need for that. i'll just wait for an announcement. rumored date right now is sept 9

20. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF