1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Newbs, 99ers don't post on the Lakers forum

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by tinman, Jul 25, 2014.

?

The only times 99ers will join Lakers Ground

1. The Clock strikes Never

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  2. Satan is wearing a NorthFace jacket

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  3. Michael Jackson rises from the grave just to do duet Say Say Say with McCartney

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. Clutch changes his username to Scottie Pippen

11 vote(s)
    57.9%
  1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Here's one for you tinman.

I was born the same year as the Houston Rockets.

Can you beat that?

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I really don't understand this logic. There are plenty of Rockets fans who become some players' fans. I am a Scola fan, a Hayes fan, a Battier fan even now. Do you conclude that I am not a Rockets fan to begin with because I root for guys who're not on the Rockets anymore?

I hate this "if you __________, you can't be a Rockets fan" thinking. Who are you to make the definition of what a Rockets fan is?

#42 Easy, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It was because of 9/11. The single thread USENET method of talking about bball switched to talking about 9/11. So, I left.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What's Lakers Ground? Sounds stupid

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I was born the day Hakeem was drafted. It was written in the stars.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These people suddenly joined the Lakers board this month .

If those are real rockets fans then Benedict Arnold is an American hero .

What happened to these people ? Did they suddenly want to be Lakers fans cause they ate some in and out burgers or some Korean tacos or bought a Snoop Dogg tape ?

Oh yeah these are a real as the crab they put in California rolls

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Guys, just today I've felt a strong urge to post on the Lakers Forum, do you suppose I've been....

[​IMG]

Body Snatched?...:eek:

Relax, turns out I just had to go to the bathroom!...:eek:

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Did these people switch to lakers ground because they think Roscoes is better than Frenchy s?

Did they not like Timmy Chan's ?

9. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

On the other hand, there could be lots of Lin fans who are Rockets fans. Though even that is doubtful.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

'

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11261015/jeremy-lin-introduced-los-angeles-lakers

"It was just all red, Rockets [that the fans were wearing] and then the minute that I signed, came back, got my physical and went back to Asia, everything was [Lakers] yellow," Lin said. "It was like everybody was wearing only yellow ... I was like, 'Wow. That was fast.'"

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice post, Easy. I'm still a fan of those players as well (OK, Shane retired, but now I'm rooting for him to pick coaching in the NBA as a career - don't know if he'll ever do that, though), but I think what has tinman bent out of shape is someone trolling Lakersground using his moniker. That's pretty outrageous!

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think it is hilarious that there are CF personas trolling Lakers Ground. Not saying it's right. Just funny.

Imagine they got the likes of tinman, the vintage DD, RedRedemption, Carl Herrera, etc. in there... :eek:

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I find that they are stupid to believe it's me even more outrageous

For the dude who's trying to imitate me on other threads,

this is just evidence that I own him, I have destroyed his mind

Everything I said about Lin has broken him

The fact I even met Lin (twice) and just thought he was alright, not in awe or anything invokes jealousy and hatred.

Deck,
    I'm actually laughing that someone is copying me like an Elvis impersonator.

At least the when people hear the Elvis impersonator, they know he's not really Elvis.

These fans are THAT STUPID, you can't even make Aggie jokes to describe the LOF.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

My favorite Laker is Robert Horry.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Heck, I have a Lin bobblehead that I got when I went to a game in Houston with a friend (I'm trying to decide if I should nail it to my wall in the garage and throw darts at it, or give it to Goodwill). He was with a group that management was attempting to sell season tickets to (Harvard alumni - my friend, not me!), and Lin spoke for a few minutes to us after the game. Seemed like a nice guy. Some of his fans are crazy, though. After reading several pages from the beginning, I jumped 100+ pages towards the end of that "Lin Thread", and by that point, there were entire pages of posts by people with join dates of July 11 and later. It's a giant circle jerk. The folks who are long time members there have to be going nuts by now. I doubt that I'll be checking that site out again for a long time, not until after the season starts, for sure.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

People can hate but fact is Clutchfans is the greatest ever online message board out there. All other message boards and forums pale in comparison. I don't see a reason why true Clutchfans would leave to go post on LakersGround.

It's like players leaving a great coach like Rudy T (Clutchfans) to go play for possibly the worst coach in the NBA in McHale (LakersGround).

#56 FTW Rockets FTW, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

LOL I think no other message board has gotten Lin fans so ****ing butthurt about their idol.

They are literally trolling another basketball forum with clutchfans monikers, literally scarred them for life.

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This is pathetic and sad, but also completely expected. Lin fans gonna Linfan.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I was correct to spot out that they don't have one once of originality or any semblance of any personality

Their sole purpose on Clutchfans was for propaganda and a place for release their insecurities. This has nothing to do with Lin. Lin is just a vessel .

There is a clear reason why Clutch created this place and if you joined for those reasons, you belong to Clutch City

#59 tinman, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wonder if they have the concept of 99ers there.