1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Political Site

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocketman95, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Major and I have launched a new political site called www.politicalbrew.com

Some of you may remember that we attempted a site back in the 2002 election season called www.onlytheissues.com . Our goal then was to provide a forum for candidates to give their stances on the issues without the typical mudslinging. Needless to say, after contacting every single Republican and Democrat running for governor, Senate or the House, it was a pretty big failure. So we ditched that idea. What we have now is a mix of opinion pieces, movie reviews, news articles, polls, tests, and various election info that's both informative and, hopefully, entertaining. For you conservatives out there worrying about two seemingly liberal posters starting a political site, there's a perfect mix of liberal, conservative and moderate. My main duty is writing political movie reviews which aren't so much movie reviews rather it's me making fun of stereotypical conservatives and liberals.

We're really excited about the site. At least if this one fails, it was fun putting it all together. I may be biased, but I really enjoy the articles. They're informative, funny, and, best of all to me, not too full of mudslinging (outside of mine!).

Let me know what you think about the site, both content and design wise.

Thanks.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I have logged in. When do I get my beer?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Next time you're in town! :)

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Wish I was there today for those discount Coney dogs.... :cool:

Site looks quite appealing. Congrats to you and major. I don't have time now to prowl around. I'll try and do that late on night soon when I have some extended time.

How soon until I'm invited to do a guest column? ;)

major would crap his pants..

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

I nominate Cohen or Mr.Paige to lend some more right wing nut job insight to your lil place. :)

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

"Becca" is hot :cool:

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

:D

The personal blog thing would be pretty cool, I think. I wouldn't mind some people writing guest columns from here. Names that come to mind outside of those already mentioned are HayesStreet, FranchiseBlade, Juan Valdez, among others.

8. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Why does your site hate America?

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Many reasons. I can give them to you alphabetical or in order of importance. :D

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

How does this site make money?

11. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

The site is beautiful. Well done. If only sportsradio610.com looked half that good...

Wonderful job RM, honestly.

12. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Just a question (not meant to start an argument):

Why are movie reviews a part of the web site? Everything else centers around politics or news (a logical combination). Having movie reviews in there is like Home Depot announcing they are going to put in a women's fragrance department.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Looks great, RM95!!

14. coma

coma Contributing Member

Good looking site.

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Well, I just helped with the content of the site, I had no help in the design other than giving my opinion.

Thanks again.

16. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

We just wanted something funny (relatively speaking) to put on the site...something lighthearted and poking fun at the two sides.

I had been thinking about starting my regular reviews back up, so I came up with this idea. It is kinda out there, but out of their LBJ friends, it's been well-received so far.

Like it says on the description, I need to be kept in check. I think I've done a pretty good job lampooning both sides (see my Spiderman 2 one tomorrow), but I'm only human. If any of you conservatives frequent the site, let me know if I seem to be letting my biases through.

Thanks.

17. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

So...um... now you're too good for the D&D???

;)

Good site. Thanks for destroying my productivity (even more).