1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Orleans Pelicans New Uniforms

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

looks like they spent 10 minutes on the design

3. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

lol Jason Smith

4. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I just don't feel like those are sexy uniforms. Perhaps they should have added a flor de lis to add some pizazz, maybe on the shorts. Heck even using black instead of navy blue would have made New Orleans known as the gold and black town. The font is good though, has a traditional feel to it.

5. AB423

AB423 Member

Looks like they just copied the Grizzlies.

6. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

Looks like they got the same uniform designer we got to design our current ones. BRING BACK KETCHUP AND MUSTARD!!!!

7. jacoby

jacoby Member

[​IMG]

This is what they should have done.

Looks like the Pelicans are gonna be one of those teams with a rebranding after 3-4 years.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

No alternate yet? I feel like the font should be a little bit bigger, and weren't they originally supposed to have red and gold as well, with the Pelicans logo somewhere?

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That looks incredibly bland.

Two thumbs down for whoever designed this. Looks like generic practice uniforms you could buy off the clearance rack at an Academy or something.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

These uniforms look like Indiana's except plainer. Super disappointed with the designers for New Orleans. Definitely not a New Orleans party vibe. Can't NOBODY get down in these uniforms.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Terrible. I could've made those. Looks like some combination of the Brooklyn Nets and NO Saints.

12. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

stupid name... boring uniforms.... just a clueless franchise from about every perspective....

13. arjun

arjun Member

looks like a plain version of the grizzlies...

yuck..its new orleans..they need much more flavor..and more "loudness"

14. LiveEatSleepRox

I'm sure they'll look better when they play, since most of the colour / design are on the sides. But still, it looks pretty DULL.
    The font needs to be bigger for 'NEW ORLEANS' and smaller for the number LOL.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Meh.

Away jersey reminds me slightly of Indiana's.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Pelicans will unveil alternate uniform in 2014-15 as well as a special fourth uniform in 2015-16</p>&mdash; Jim Eichenhofer (@Jim_Eichenhofer) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jim_Eichenhofer/statuses/363000857530335232">August 1, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Somehow they figured out how to have a boring franchise in one of the most ecclectic cities in the NBA. Not one ounce of pizzazz in those uniforms.

17. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I wonder how long it's gonna take for anyone to take this franchise serious.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Aren't new uniforms supposed to excite fans?

19. rokit

rokit Member

somebody leaked this a couple of months ago, so i'm guessing that's an alternate.

http://yfrog.com/scaled/landing/808/9s9sb.jpg

i like them, maybe a little bit too clean, but they wont look outdated in a couple of years.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'm the only one I know who likes the name and the design.

I think the design is classic..understated is fine. The best organizations in sports have understated logos and unis, for the most part.

I'm of the mind that teams don't have to have ferocious nicknames...connection with place is more important. Houston Oilers, for example. New York Yankees. Montreal Canadiens. This speaks to the "home crowd." Louisiana is the Pelican state. I think it's great.

I realize I'm in the minority on this. But I don't think anyone is going to have a problem with the name or the logos/unis if or when they win a championship one day.