1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New NBA Uni's showing up on NBA Street Vol 2

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tigereye, Mar 3, 2003.

1. tigereye

tigereye Member

I recently got a chance to play NBA Street VOL 2 (the new one yet to be released). If you may recall in the last NBA Street, they showed off the new Mavs uni's before they were unveiled to the public. And they got every detail on the new Mav uni's correct. This time, they have done it again and this time its with the Cleveland Caviliers. The Cavs have said that they will change their uni's and logo for the upcoming season and even said there colors would be red, white gold and blue. But they have yet to show off the logo and unis which will be unveiled at a later date. However, NBA Street beat them to it. The logo that is shown is pretty simple. IT has "Caviliers" written across in a script that looks similar to the font that the Clippers use. There is also an old English sword that is shown with a basketball as the setting for the logo. Their Home uni's were white with red trim and red numerals and god trim and the road combo was red with Gold and Blue trim and numerals. They look similar to the unis they wore in the 70's but they are very different from those in that the scripts and trim are newer and fresher designs and that the Dark Blue color was added to keep the tradition of there old 80's uni's.

.............As for the Rockets; they were very shady when it came to what the Rockets were wearing. Every NBA team int NBA Street Vol 2 had their complete NBA uniform on except the Rockets who were completly disoriented fashion wise. They had on their current home and away tops but tops were extra long as if they were trying to hide their shorts. Yao had on gray sweat pants and Mobley had on plain Black shorts. However the shorts Steve was wearing was probably the most telling. He had on Dark Blue shorts with Carolina Blue and Red trim that looked similar to the trim used on the old 90's Pacers uni's. It looked very futuristic and pretty damn cool to me. It is sort of correct in that the Rockets have said that they will consider keeping the present colors (Light blue is used in the current uni's, just not that much). While the Rockets have said they would like to go with red uni's, Eiko's designs have always been Dark and mysterious, and the Dark Blue currently used would be perfect.

.................As for the Rox on the acatual game, they made me happy. Steve and Cat are high flyin' and have slick street moves to complement there game. Griffin and Posey were decent role players but Yao was tha BOMB son!!!!!!!!!! He is not protrayed skinny and breakable like Shawn Bradley. He looks like a "white Shaq," except taller and has strong low post moves and thunderous dunks. The only thing bad about him is that he falls down alot. Other than that minor problem, he completely dominates the competition.

If you want play the game they had it set up other soon to be released games at Willowbrook Mall near J.C. Penny this past weekend. It might still be there.

2. Matador

Matador Member

thanks for the heads up tigerseye.

I have been waitng for Vol. 2 to come out for a while now. How was the game in general? Was it much different from the original NBA Street. Any major changes that you noticed?

Thanks.

3. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

"falls down a lot" LMAO

I'm waiting for somebody to crack a joke about Steve and Cuttino playing street ball during nba games and what not.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

5. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

that game is gonna be sick! I saw the video for it and it looks incredible.

NBA street Info

Go to the media page and see for yourself.

I am definitely pick this game up

6. tigereye

tigereye Member

...............Just an update on the Cavs new uni's in the game. Yesterday the Cavs said on their website that on April 16th they will unveil their new unifroms and logo for the "King James" era of the franchise. I guess they have yet to play NBA Street Vol 2.

............The game in general was tight. Tere were some new courts added in the game like Rucker Park, the Cage, Soul in the Hole, Forest Park (Seattle)................But no Houston court! That sucks. Plus they added a new game breaker mode and they have 145 NBA players and 25 NBA Legends and 6 street legends. As for moves, alot of new ones have been added. Plus players seem to be going for the alley-opp dunk a whole lot more now. When I was playing, the Rox were on a fast break and both Yao and cat went for the alley-opp at the same damn time and almost collided with each other. I know this makes the game alot more exciting, but we dont need to be all flyin at the same time. I almost felt like I was playing Star Wars.

If you want more info, here is the offical trailer website as provided by EA Sports

http://www.ea.com/easportsbig/games/nbastreet2/home.jsp
    http://www.ea.com