1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Feature tips

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by heypartner, Sep 22, 2016.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

@heypartner just trying to see what yall are talking about with tagging.

2. JuanValdez

No, still don't get it. What's the point?

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I used the list the exact same way. Seeing the change I went a took a bunch of people off of Ignore. But trust me there are a few who you will be glad to no longer see any posts from.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

@JuanValdez,

It means we can notify you (via the notification system) that we are referencing you and at the same time, ppl see we are referencing you. In that regard, it works like Twitter.

Personally, I might start using this as a method of "quoting" someone versus using the Reply button. Sometimes I hit Reply for the sole purpose to say I'm referencing someone's post. But sometimes I feel it's a needless load on the bbs (and just clutter) to copy a bunch of text just to make reference to someone. I might just use it as first line of a post, that otherwise would have been a Quote. Like I did in this reply.

The @PersonReferenced is used on Facebook too (and Reddit) when it's not actually a feature like it is on Twitter. But here it is a feature. So, the @-sign is pretty common

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like the @ tag. That way I can reference a point someone has made in the past without digging through their old posts. Plus when I call someone out on their nonsense I can tag them so they know about it, allowing them to rebut my post because they are now notified of it.

6. JuanValdez

I noticed there is a very discrete 'show ignored comments' link on the bottom right across from the page numbers.

heypartner likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like the tag and notification features. A lot of times, I posted something and forgot about it. Someone might have replied to what I posted but I never read it. Now I won't miss people's reply.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Is there any way we can see the number of pages a topic is on the desktop version of the site without having to hover over the topic with the mouse?

shastarocket likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

BTW, no more thread rating. Is there any way I can see which thread I should not even touch?

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Tagging is my favorite new feature. So many times I don't realize someone has responded to me until weeks later when a thread gets bumped.

11. heypartner

Good call. I made an image of it.

Another Tip Discovered -- Temporarily Show Ignored Comments (thx @JuanValdez )

Bottom Right, Above the Reply Box ... it says "Show Ignored Content"
    • When you have ignored comments in the current page of a thread "Show Ignored Content" will display
    • Click to show ignored.
    • If you just hover over the "Show Ignored Content" it will list the ignored member name(s)
    • Refresh page to hide again.
    • Leaving the page and coming back will also hide again.
    fwiw: You will also know someone is being hidden, because the Post Numbering will skip a number.

If you like this Tip, Scroll up and Like JuanValdez's post. Liking might encourage others to post tips here.

[​IMG]

#71 heypartner, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    JuanValdez likes this.
  12. JuanValdez

@heypartner this is a great thread. Thanks for doing it.

13. JuanValdez

I was posting and saw a hyperlink spontaneously appear above the reply box to say new posts had been posted since I loaded the page, with a link prompt to see the new messages (without screwing up your reply). Pretty cool.

14. heypartner

Yeah, new bbs uses Ajax more to provide notifications while you are reading or otherwise paused in browsing. "Newer Posts" is one, and the Alert Flag counter is another.

and remember you can hit "Save Draft" in a reply at anytime and jump around the bbs...(e.g. click an alert, go to different pages of same thread, or different forums altogether) and return to your draft, later.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I don't have any members on ignore. Are there any new features that would allow me to passive aggressively tell people I don't like them? Perhaps some type of a hate list I can post about all the time?

Thanks!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

@TurdSandwich, you're welcome

#76 Invisible Fan, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Rashmon likes this.
  17. JuanValdez

Also re Ignore, I noticed that threads started by someone on your ignore list also are not displayed in the thread list. There is a link on those pages as well that says Show Ignored Content. You click it and the hidden threads are populated.

I know it's a dream come true for some posters, but I'm not sure it's healthy to be able to obliterate people so completely from your user experience.

18. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

How rude. Consider yourself on my list. I will seek out and read all of your posts, constantly mention you as being on my list and pretend I am ignoring you. Consider yourself notified because I know you really care.

19. JuanValdez

Is Search gone?

20. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Are Tweets not loading while on mobile for anyone else? I'm using an iPhone.