1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

New Evaluation of Ming Game!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by toughguy, Jun 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. toughguy

toughguy Member

Here's more support for Houston in drafting Ming. Some guy from HoopsAvenue recently evaluated Ming's game.

http://www.hoopsavenue.com/nba/draft/features.php?feature_id=3

This evaluation is as positive as it can get! Read it!

Despite all the obstacles at present, I hope the Rockets's staff will go the extra mile in getting Ming.

2. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The author, Mike Down, must be an idiot in the eyes of the Ming-haters :D

3. Stevie Francis

i hate Yao , but i'm impressed. But i habe to see him for my self. and if coaches think he is good mabe he is. But, i think we will have too much trouble with china to keep him. So we pretty much waste our 1st pick, and will be in the lotto next year. oh wait we won't mem has our pick. oh well.

4. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Wow. Very interesting article, I bet the Yao haters eyes will water when reading it.

Actually, I have yet to read a negative article about YM anywhere except --- you guessed it, in New York. Ulterior motives here, yep.

If he came out of an American college he would be the defacto, consensus #1 pick and the only ones to detract from him would be those who would like to get him somewhere below the #1 pick.

#4 SuperKev, Jun 7, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2002
  5. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

ulterior

6. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

This guy would be scoring 25 and bounding 10 per in college...if he spent 2-3 years in college coming into this year, he would be the consensus number 1 without doubt....

7. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

You guys are really funny when it comes to Ming. How do any of you all know how he would stack up with college players. I don't know how old a lot of you are, but y'all need to grow up and realize that this cat is a complete mistery. You can't intelligently talk about his game because very few have actually seen him play. I have seen highlights, like most here, but Cato's highlights would lead one to believe he is a great player if you haven't seen him play and entire game/season.

8. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

He didn't seem to have that extra something type drive in him that makes all time greats which is why I could see him being a very good player but never amazingly great type of player.

9. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

UT Baller- by the way it looks , you are the one who needs to hit the books

*mystery not mistery...