1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New Album] Daft Punk's Random Access Memories

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by blathersby, Mar 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

dont listen to radio.

2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

giving it a go must have slipped your mind, but it was bound to happen eventually. if you need extra RAM, i know where you can get some. cheerio ;)

#102 thegary, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  3. TeachingLessons

Just wanted to hop on and say that this is quickly becoming a favorite album of mine. I am honestly not too familiar with Daft Punk's music other than their singles, but after streaming this on iTunes, I fell in love instantly.

I went and bought the hard copy at Best Buy because I'm still a fan of having CDs for some reason.

My favorite tracks are Instant Crush, Give Life Back to Music, and Fragments of Time. But I love all the different sounds, vibes, and feelings that are expressed throughout the album. It is really an experience unlike few I've had with music, especially anything released lately.

Contact is also a favorite. It. Just. Keeps. Building!

Would love to hear more thoughts from those who have been listening to it heavily over the past week or so since its release.

4. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

lol da fuq?

5. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

album is good, but pretty forgettable; nothing remarkable

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3MbJwPsBI_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Listened to it in full. "Get Lucky" maybe one of the LEAST interesting songs on the album (maybe not even the most interesting PHARRELL song on there), while it still stays within the spirit of what the album is about.

There's other albums that give me that "sonic spacey sound" noise that "get you going". In that mode, the song "Doin' It Right", well, does that right. I wouldnt go "Dark Side of the Moon" far credit with this album. But good solid album production (Can say though, Pink Floyd would be proud of a song like "Touch".)

I'll go with what other people are saying - very SMOOTH, pure electronic sound. I can see why they wouldnt tour with this.

8. Shroopy2

Overthinking maybe, that song maybe actually a "what the kids are into now" commercial sound than Get Lucky

I liked what they they did there. Probably did the right thing giving homage to Moroder without a hi-nrg beat.

I like 'Beyond' generic as it is. Its a bit like some safe 70's soundtrack/"Symphony of Science" music lol. Woulda been a decent 2nd-3rd warmup song. I'll arrange it on my playlist like that.

9. jae713

jae713 Member

I have been listening to this album non stop since it's release. I have listened to The Game of Love like 30 times just today.

10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Was shopping in an Old Navy this past weekend and heard "Doin' It Right" on the spearkers. Had no clue who it was and Shazamed it. Was thrilled to see Daft Punk show up. Now looking for the rest of the releases.

Such a smooth track. Has the feel of 80s electronic rap, R&B vox and 70s easy listening. Good stuff.

11. Shroopy2

Okay I way overstated that. Its typical Paul Williams showtunesy song. But nice experimentation for them

Yeah electro and robo synth sounds is what people want to hear and still their bread and butter. But they put it nicely into different styles.

And can sense now how the album's a bit different tone from the usual headache induding rap and pop stuff out there, even if it wasnt their intention. Nice to just have some some smooth sentimenal listening.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The Masters went 5 4 5

13. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

14. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I think I might've posted this in the video thread...but thought I'd share again. Great original song, great mix by a talented producer and a cool video. I really dig Conte's stuff.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TAJBc7gW-Vc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>