1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[New Album] Daft Punk's Random Access Memories

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by blathersby, Mar 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. raj87

raj87 Member

Nice track - very enjoyable. Exciting first listen!

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I've spent a week with this album, and it truly does get better and better with each listen. The only song I don't really care for is Fragments of Time.

Current favorite is Motherboard. It's just beautiful. Contact is a banger and is going to be amazing live.

I read a recent interview the other day with Daft Punk, and they were saying that Touch is the centerpiece of the album, and the memories of the other songs flow around it. I'm not sure if they meant that literally, but I've since noticed that you can pickup fragments of a few of the other songs dispersed throughout Touch. Pretty cool. They also called that song the most complex thing they had ever done.

3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Instant Crush is my ish

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This album is smooth.

I received the CD yesterday from Amazon, and I spent the 70 some minutes just listening.

"Within" is my favorite track.

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

I never liked Daft Punk's old music, they were too techno. With that said, this album is just sick. I love the 70's vibe. Great for car music.

7. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Touch is a masterpiece. It is the centerpiece of the album, and everything about is just....perfect.

Album is great, and Touch is the best track.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

#88 Xerobull, May 21, 2013
    Last edited: May 21, 2013
  9. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

The more I listen, the more this album seems like this generation's "Dark Side of the Moon".

I wish they would have cut "Game of Love" though. Not a big fan of that one.

10. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I hate running but I gave this a listen at my local track and time just flew by as I gasped for air. Every track change I was looking forward to whatever surprise lurked in the next few seconds. Some took a while like Touch, but the Pharrell tracks just go so smooth. And have since the neptunes remix of Harder Better.

11. westcoastin

westcoastin Member

Agreed. Probably my favorite track on the album.

12. Outlier

Outlier Member

I never heard about that album. RIght now I'm listening to it and it's amazing. So Dark Side of the Moon was the biggest hit in the 70s? Any more suggestions? Game changer albums such as that one? Thanks

13. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I CANT STOP PLAYING THIS ALBUM

14. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

Dark Side of the Moon is a tremendous album by Pink Floyd. They are "psychedlic/art rock" and the album goes through the human experience. It's all one cohesive unit and was one of the first albums of its kind. It's considered one of the greatest albums of all time.

Other musical game changers include (in my opinion):

"Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" by The Beatles
    "Pet Sounds" by The Beach Boys
    "What's Going On" by Marvin Gaye
    "Led Zeppelin IV" by Led Zeppelin
    "Is This It" by The Strokes
    "Discovery" by Daft Punk

Those are just off the top of my head.

15. likestohypeguy

Did you particularly like the track where they let jeff bridges do an introspective talk over: "The grid. I wonder, what does digital information look like? Are they little motorcycles?" Brilliant.

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

BONUS Track from Japanese version of the album:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vhHYDFc4Rck" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought that was only on the remix album? Either way, it's good.

==================================================================

Who says that piracy hurts music sales?

Daft Punk predicted to break Oasis' record for fastest selling album in UK chart history

Daft Punk are predicted to break Oasis' record for the fastest selling album in UK chart history.

The band's new album 'Random Access Memories' is expected to beat the record currently held by 1997's 'Be Here Now', with bookies Paddy Power cutting the odds dramatically on the French duo's chances, according to Music Week. 'Be Here Now' sold 650,000 in its first week of sales, but 'Random Access Memories' has already scored the highest number of pre-sales for any dance album ever on Amazon. Paddy Power are giving 4/5 odds on the record outselling Oasis. The album is released tomorrow (May 17).

The LP has 7/1 odds of becoming the best-selling album in UK chart history by 2015.

A Paddy Power spokesperson said: "They might not have a catchy moniker like the 'Beliebers', but fans don't come much more passionate and excitable than Daft Punk enthusiasts so we're expecting big things for the French DJs next week. We only hope that the success doesn’t go straight to their helmets." Despite saying that they will not be touring the record, Paddy Power has odds of 5/2 on a world tour being announced by the end of the year.

[​IMG]

=================================================

(Billboard) Daft Punk's 'Random Access Memories' Heading For Big Sales, Aiming For No. 1

Daft Punk's new album, "Random Access Memories," is heading for a big sales week and the act's first No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Industry sources suggest the album, due out on May 21, may sell between 250,000 and 300,000 copies in its first week. That whopping figure is more than twice the total sales of its last studio album, 2005's "Human After All," to date (125,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan).

Pre-orders for the album have been strong, sources say, with volume picking up noticeably after the iTunes Store began streaming the album on Monday, May 13.

"Random" should easily earn the best sales week for a dance/electronic album in more than a year. The last dance set to move more than 250,000 in a week was Madonna's "MDNA," when it sold 359,000 in its first week of release in March of 2012.

A start of at least 250,000 for "Random" would be three times larger than Daft Punk's previous best sales week. Presently, the duo's highest one-week sum was logged in December 2010, when its "TRON: Legacy" soundtrack debuted with 71,000 at No. 10.

"TRON" marked the first top 10 for Daft Punk, ultimately peaking at No. 4 in January of 2011. It has so far sold 585,000.

The veteran dance/electronic act's highest-selling album is 2001's "Discovery," with 792,000 sold.

The new "Random" album is Daft Punk's first for Columbia Records, and was led by the single "Get Lucky," featuring Pharrell Williams. The song is Daft Punk's biggest hit ever on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, so-far peaking at No. 14 earlier this month.

"Get Lucky" has sold 350,000 downloads to date, and is still growing in airplay. This week it roses 58-46 on Radio Songs (aka Hot 100 Airplay on billboard.biz). In the week ending Tuesday, May 14, its Hot 100 radio audience grew to 31 million (up 30% according to Nielsen BDS).

[​IMG]

#96 Xerobull, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: May 23, 2013
  17. jae713

jae713 Member

This album is so chill. Really liking Fragments of Time.

18. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

i finally downloaded this album, love it.

19. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

I've seen a lot of people hating on it. I love it, more chill, but still really good.

I was making out with my girlfriend and boyfriend while instant crush was on, was really nice.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the song is ****ing annoying as ****. Leave it to everybody to over play the crap out of something.