1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix/Marvel] Punisher the series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't like the last episode, I would have preferred it end at 12 because that one extra episode is when I started poking holes in everything. Before that, I was too entertained for that.

Also, just a nit pick here, but if you are going to show close ups on ammunition inside of rifles about to be shot, it's best if the primer doesn't have a mark from the firing pin indicating that the primer is spent. When you show that, what you are telling people is that the next round isn't going to fire, which just causes confusion a second later when the round is successfully fired.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

enjoyed the first episode, but you can tell the writers have never met or spoken with an actual NRA member

and the usual narrative "soldiers are good people but they did terrible things and are now completely broken and deserving of our pity"

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They definitely seem to believe that all soldiers are broken and NRA members are terrorists. Those 2 narratives never really go away.

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Just binged this. Really liked it, it wasn't what I expected but I thought they found some great supporting characters. Bernthal is definitely the best Punisher so far, hope they get into some more crime fighting next season.

8.7/10

I thought it was going that way too but it had it's fair share of Pro gun moments like the talk show & the interview.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I liked that they brought a bit of a different perspective, but the "all soldiers are killers with PTSD" and the "NRA are terrorists" narratives were just so over the top and obvious.

Now all of that said, I still REALLY liked the show. I just would have preferred it if they not beat the audience over the head with those narratives so often and so blatantly.

Deji McGever and Obito like this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Was great.

Loved the build up to the next big bad.

You can tell its the same person, but it will be two totally unique villains, as the glass will sure drive him insane.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. Entropy

Entropy Member

Finished it, and stand by it being just below DD S2 in the rankings. All of the supporting cast were great, a first for a marvel netflix show for me. The dialogue was great as well. "I've seen her naked but man is she hot for you, Frank."

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I have never seen more people get shot in the head and live.

primtim24 likes this.
  9. Entropy

Entropy Member

There was only one person who survived a headshot by my count, but I could be forgetting someone.

10. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Billy was shot in the mouth, Frank was shot and it grazed his head, hot homeland chick was also shot in the head.

Rox11 likes this.
  11. Entropy

Entropy Member

Yeah homeland chick was who I was thinking of. The other two don't really count as getting shot in the head unless it penetrates the forehead area imo. But ymmv.

12. marky :)

marky :) Member

Thought the bullet that hit Billy in the cheek was from a ricochet but could be wrong.

May be my favorite Marvel netflix show but I'm biased towards the Punisher. It could of done without all the NRA and pro/anti gun stuff because it seemed forced down our throats but overall was great. Didn't think I would like Micro but glad he was portrayed that way since he kind of balanced out Frank's character in terms of mood in some episodes.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

was it supposed to be a surprise that the security contractor was a bad guy?

if a screenwriter ever made a security contractor anything but a bad guy, they would never find work again

#73 Commodore, Nov 23, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  14. omgTHEpotential

My expectations were very low for this one - I was expecting something shitty like the Iron Fist, but was pleasantly surprised.

15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Good series.

Enjoyed it.

Shane > Rick

They named the guy "Agent Orange"...lol

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The early critics with harsh comments on the series really threw me off and I was expecting the worst. One idiot even suggested they could squeeze the entire series into 5 episodes.

Definitely the best Marvel/Netflix series IMO. Bernthal is the best lead actor and the supporting cast was superb. Final episode was a bit disappointing.

Props to Netflix. Now all they have to do is somehow make the second seasons of Luke Cage and Iron Fist worth a dime.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

This is my favorite Netflix Marvel series now, but i have bias as Punisher was always one of my faves.

seclusion likes this.
  18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

One batch, two batch...

I'm on episode 8 I believe, this is definitely one of Marvel's best shows up there with S1 of Daredevil/Jessica Jones.

19. Nero

Nero Member

I really enjoyed this one. This was up there with JJ and DD for me. SO much better than Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

Bernthal is proving himself to be an outstanding actor, he inhabits every role I have seen him in, very intensely.

The dynamic between him and Micro and Micro's family was outstanding. (the kid playing Micro's son was abysmal though, the only misstep in the whole thing, I think). The bond between Castle and Lieberman was perfect as it grew. You could tell that by the end, those two would be brothers forever. I'm sure Frank would have thought the same thing about Russo too, but he was deceived by a snake. Micro is no snake.

The over-arching story with the illegal CIA op, and the inevitable revelation that his best bud would turn out to be a snake.. all of that was done really well.

If you haven't watched this one yet, do so immediately.

20. conquistador#11

daredevil and then the punisher for marvel shows. A shame they axed agent carter.

'punisher be taking out all y'alls stupid heroes.'