1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix/Marvel] Punisher the series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

How dare you call Nick Cage a snore fest, the man is pure action!
    [​IMG]

DreamShook and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Seriously. I havent been able to watch more than 2 episodes of any of the Netflix Marvel series and its because of the non action. They spend so much money on these things, it makes no sense that they dont fill it with more action scenes. Punisher was supposed to my saving grace for these kinds of show, especially with the promising trailers. I guess Ill give a shot to be disappointed again. Sigh.....

#42 donkeypunch, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    DreamShook likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

See, it was so bad that I forgot his name.

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Then you will probably hate this. Action scenes are few and not memorable. Its also got alot of soapbox political preaching that's unappealing.

#44 tallanvor, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have had little interest in watching this Punisher series after watching all the previous Marvel Netflix offerings. If Marvel can find a way to make a blind ninja, a super strong alcoholic, a black bullet-proof super human, and a white magical monk whose power is derived from a dragon boring, I would assume there is no hope for a guy, with a gun, and extreme motivation.

I guess I'll get around to it..

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. Entropy

Entropy Member

On episode 8. Just below DD season 2, and on the same level as Jessica Jones season 1 in terms of quality. Loving it. Anyone doubting this after watching Cage, Iron Fist, and Defenders has nothing to worry about.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Really glad to hear this. Please comment again after viewing all 13.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

For sure that can get a bit annoying, but I assume it was meant to appease a certain crowd who would throw a temper tantrum about the use of guns in the series and how that could be perceived without the ham-fisted political BS.

For me, it's easy enough to ignore, but IMO it would be a better show without that over the top and unnecessary pandering. Now that said, I'm only 6 or 7 episodes in, so maybe it's actually going somewhere, but I kind of doubt it.

9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

The Wire always addressed political shows without being preachy. They show the public education system in Baltimore without telling you what the solutions should be. That's how i like it. This show could of done away with the whole soldier bomber story line. It took up tons of space and never tied to the main storyline.

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Finished episode 9 and got halfway through ten before I fell asleep. Epic binge. 1st episode is good and then slows down and speeds waaaaaay up. Great so far

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I feel like it kind of shows both sides of the spectrum after episode 9-10

12. conquistador#11

"I wasn't much for hip hop but the wu tang is some next level sh**!" (paraphrasing)
    WU TANG FOREVER!!!!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Episode 1: Even without much action, (Edit: posted without watching the last 15 minutes) I was surprised by how much I enjoyed the first episode. Might be too grizzly for me to binge though.

#53 DreamShook, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

2 episodes left. Ho LEe ***** this is getting goooood

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is BY FAR the best Marvel Netflix series

Rocket River

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never got around to watching The Wire though I've heard a lot of good things. I would agree that showing issues without suggesting what the solution should be is the best method when you deal with political issues.

That's interesting and would certainly balance things out so that the show as a whole wouldn't seem preachy.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

there is a scene where a politician who is anti gun (and also is a huge lying dbag) debates back in forth with one of the villains who is working his private security detail...with guns lol. Kind of make him look dumb and then after the attack the politician says he may have had a change of heart. So it didn't really come off as preachy. More like both sides came off as only caring about the narrative to boost their agendas

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Every time I hear the Punisher say "I'm going do deal with this my way" all I think of is

[​IMG]

"My way is not very sportsmanlike"

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Best marvel series for me. What a wild ride the last 3-4 episodes are

20. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It was ok. I think I need to stop binge-watching shows and spread it out through a week.

The series would have been much better off if they cut out the constant repetitive flashbacks and cut it down to 10 or less episodes.

I also didnt like the episode where Lewis Wilson breaches the senators office. The switch up of showing the different timelines from different character perspectives was very distracting, especially if binge watching.

I think DD2 has been the best so far. I really enjoyed the multiple characters and their story lines crossing.