1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Netflix/Marvel] Punisher the series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Quite a shame. Punisher is the only one out of the 5 properties (counting Defenders) that could actually stand up on its own without the need to go back to its source content.

Punisher had so much potential imo. And Bernthal is a damn good Punisher, too.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it sucks that all the marvel shows are canceled but Walking Dead is still going on

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

daredevil was the best one

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Could AMC survive without the Walking Dead? Even tho ratings have been declining, isn’t it still their most highest rated show by far?

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Their viewership has dropped significantly but their ratings still top other shows, so if it's still printing money they won't cancel it

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Although I did not agree with the direction the series was going, I liked Jessica J and her charisma. (or lack thereof)

It's horrible to have this weaksauce Russo and the Amish guy as so called villains or anti heroes in your last season.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This all about Disney’s streaming service.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Disney has a big hand in suffocating talent when it's licensed by competitors, but the last few years of the TV universe has mostly been garbage.

The first years (DD and JJ) were low budget and semi-grounded in reality but it was a promise of better things to come. Outside of the 1st season of Punisher and half of DareDevil, I feel like that promise has been unkept and they've resorted to the main characters "depowering" themselves with BS mental conflicts that doesn't add or progress anything.

Of course, that saves a shitton of budget costs compared to them blowing up a building here and there or having a decent CG budget.

I'll miss DareDevil, but good riddance to the others.

9. Roscoe Arbuckle

Watched exactly one episode of JJ. Too SJW bullshit for me.

I liked The Punisher. Even when DD was cancelled, I thought they could bring Bullseye as his new nemesis. Wouldv'e made a bad-ass Season 3.

I'm sure Disney is pulling all of it. If they bring back Punisher vs Bullseye, I'd think of subscribing to that channel.

10. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

:confused:

11. Roscoe Arbuckle

I don't understand emojis, nor care to. Speak English, son.

12. conquistador#11

I don't keep up with things like that so I had no idea Disney had such pull with marvel. I thought that was Sony.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I disagree, only for the fact that I think Kingpin really elevated the show. If DD had a villain on the level of Jigsaw / Amish dude, and Punisher had Kingpin as his primary villain, I find it hard to believe that DD would still be the better show, of the two.