1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need More Evidence That Iron Mike is a Little Off His Rocker?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Rocketman95, Sep 15, 2000.

Tags:
  1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

2. dc sports

dc sports Member

He is a messed up guy. At least he has the spirit of boxing, sort of. And he's giving some better quotes:

"There are nine million people who see me in the ring who hate my guts, most of them white. But that's OK. Just spell my name right."

"This is how I talk. I'm a street person. I never wanted to be a street person; I don't even like them. But that's how my life has turned out."

"I don't know anything about being the heavyweight champion, or being a good, respectable person," he said. "I just want them to keep bringing guys on and I'm going to strip them of their health. I bring pain, a lot of pain."

What in the world is that tatoo on his stomach?

[​IMG]

------------------
    Stay Cool...

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Looks like Pocahontas.

I don't hate him...I'm just tired of hearing the mind of a 2 year old everywhere I go. If being a street person is equivalent to a no education punk who can't talk intelligently, then Tyson wins that award hands down.

Sometimes I just wish he would die so it would all be over. Boxing could move on from his ear-biting/dirty style fighting and the world would be a much more peaceful place. It scares me to think he is taking drugs to calm down. If anything, this will make him more psycho.

------------------

4. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Member

ROTFLMAO
    [​IMG]

------------------
    - hoopjunkie

www.GotstaGetsPaid.com

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I was gonna guess Geronimo or Tonto

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

6. Special Patrol Group

7. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

Mike Tyson acts how promoters want him to act like to sell tickets and pay-per-view subscriptions.

If you want Tyson to quit boxing because of his dirty "ear-biting" style of boxing, then you know absolutely nothing about boxing.

Evander Holifield bit a man in the ring during a fight.

Evander Holifield continually utilized a strategy of "dirty" boxing to get into Tyson's head during their bouts. (And, yes, it worked)

So, tell me again how much of a "dirty" boxer Tyson is? He's not a "dirty" boxer. I do think Golotta has a track record of being dirty though.

Sure, he's done things that I wish he hadn't done. But, what you see on TV is the Crazy Mike Tyson, Don King wants you and everyone else to see.

Sure some of those traits you see are truly part of Mike's persona. But, you have to realize they are being magnified for the sake of making a buck. You are seeing a "caricature" of Tyson, not the real man.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

8. Francis3

Francis3 Member

HAHA go tyson, I love when the guy talks his trash!

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

9. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

DREAMer, Tyson isn't smart enough to do as you say. This guy doesn't even know that when the bell rings to end a round, that means you stop punching, how is he supposed to know how to act out a role?

As for Holyfield fighting dirty, that's subjective. I'd like you to show where he's done anything illegal. You probably think John Stockton is dirty too.

------------------
    "The only problem is I always think of the guitar player from Dokken when I hear his name." -Traj, on the possibility of George Lynch joining the Rockets.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I was out of line earlier. I like Mike Tyson...antics, beatings, ear-biting, rapes, and all. Although, I would never PPV to see him fight because their usually over before they start. I can't wait for the Holyfield rematch, though. Tyson is, in my opinion when he is on his game, the greatest boxer ever. Unfortunately, he brings a lot of baggage better suited for the WWF. Him and Quitten need to have a showdown in the wrestling ring. Quitten needs a good ass kicking [​IMG].

------------------

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's gotta be Little Richard or Rick James.

------------------
    Falk that Mo Fo!!!

12. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

TheFreak,

I have a feeling we've argued about Tyson before, but oh well there's nothing better to do. [​IMG]

I think Tyson is smarter than most people give him credit for. Just because he was not given the same building blocks of an education as yourself, or me, or many others, doesn't mean he doesn't have a decent amount of intelligence.

I've seen the "hit after the bell". Both fighters were still going at it. It's not like he walked up to him, tapped him on the shoulder, then sucker punched him.

Okay, you have to be using sarcasm here.... don't you?

If you say that Tyson's biting incident helped create a "dirty" tag on Tyson, then why doesn't Holifield's biting incident do the same for him?

If you watched the two Holifield/Tyson fights (like I did), I don't see how you can honestly say that Holifield was not intentionally head-butting Mike. He may not have been doing it blatantly, but then Evander's a little more subtle than Tyson. But, watch those fights then tell me he's not trying to get Tyson off his game by head-butting him.....

And, I'm not trying to villify Evander. I'm a big fan of Holifields, just a bigger Tyson fan.

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

13. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist. He is a villian.

He has tarnished his career and even at his peak Joe Frazier would have knocked the hell out of him.

Just had to get the Joe Frazier comment in! [​IMG]

------------------
    Be sure to water your grass

[This message has been edited by Rocket101 (edited September 16, 2000).]

14. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Mike Tyson is honest and thats why some people are disgraced.

------------------

15. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

The tatt is of Che Guevara.

But Pocahantas is close! [​IMG]

------------------

16. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

1. Mike has played into the role of villian.

2. Geez, I don't know how many times I have to talk about the rape conviction.

2A. Just because someone is convicted of rape does not mean they committed rape.

Tyson's trial was the biggest deal since the OJ trial. OJ is a pretty boy who is like by millions, he's in the Hall of Fame, he's in movies, etc. Mike Tyson is seen as an undereducated boxer. He is a heavy weight fighter. He is not exactly in the running for best looking man. He is big. He is mean. He is easy to convict, especially after many people feel that OJ got away with murder.

The fact is that the beauty pagent contestant came to Tyson's hotel room by herself. He was there in his room when she got there. He didn't "trick" her into coming. He didn't drag her there kicking and screaming. One note of importance is that is was TWO A.M. when she arrived.

Now, if you were a woman. And you went to a guys hotel room, alone, at 2am, what would you think was gonna happen? YAHTZEE?

She knew why she was going. When Mike told her to leave afterwards, she suddenly had a case of the "morals".

Don't talk to me about him being a rapist. I fully believe he was wrongfully inprisoned.

--------------

You know, it's easy to jump on the bandwagon and hate a man like Mike Tyson. Why not be a little different? Why not choose not to be a clone? Why not choose to try to see the truth buried under so many layers of crap?

Hey, I could be wrong. Tyson may have raped that woman, he may have beaten Robin Givens (that ho), he may be evil. Then what? Then I'm wrong. But, I tell you, I sure wish I could sit down and talk to Tyson. Talk to him without all his stupid ass "people" there, without a script, just one-on-one. Then I could give you some more answers. But, until then I can just tell you what I think.

Mike's boxing mentor Cus D'Amato was able to harness Tyson's energy. He was able to keep Mike focused. Don King is the antithesis of D'Amato. Mike was rich, and young, and confident, and those are circumstances where just about anyone can get themselves into trouble.

------------------
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

[This message has been edited by DREAMer (edited September 16, 2000).]