1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ncaa football 2003?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by junglerules, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The Prima guide comes out tomorrow. Since I'm too lazy to drive to Gamestop, I'm going to check it out at Barnes and Noble. It's cheaper there too.

Most than rosters I'm looking for player adjustments.

Good times.

2. Smokey

I have good news and bad news.

First the good news, according to Gamestop the NGC version will be released on 7/22, the same day as the PS2 and Xbox versions.

Second good news, there is a difference in terms of graphics. I hope the Xbox version is not a PS2 port. According to IGN,

GameCube owners will notice a pronounced blurring effect on the players after each play is run. As the players are getting up after a play and heading back to the huddle, the running back or receiver who just had the ball will be in crisp focus, while everybody around him in both the background and the foreground will be extremely blurry. It's an attempt to re-create a television camera effect, but it's fairly painful on the eyes. The Xbox version features a nice shiny polished sheen on the player uniforms even on dark colors so the jerseys seem like actual fabric rather than just dark paint. The helmet reflections of the surrounding stadium and lights are particularly noticeable in both the Xbox and PS2 where you can see the sun shining off their lids on a bright day or the ring of stadium lights shining off the top of the helmet like a crown.

Now to the bad news, the strategy guide has been delayed. BOOO! I know.

Second bad news, some already have the game while others will be receiving it tomorrow. For those us who are waiting on retail, its going to be a long weekend. But the game is absolutely worth it on any system, and once Xbox live is working (and if the game is compatible) we'll start a NCAA 03 league for sure.

3. mduke

mduke Member

Maybe Texas can beat OU in this game!:p

4. Ollie

Ollie Member

:mad:

We'll see October 12....

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Nah, that ain't happenin' :D

6. Smokey

According to a poster in the EA forums, the strategy guide is exactly what its called...a strategy guide.

No rosters, no player adjustments.

Just rankings, top plays, and walk throughs. Rosters are available free through the internet anyways. I wonder how long it will take to add the rosters of the top 25 and Texas' opponents...

7. Smokey

Operation Sports has a list of all the rivalry trophies available. I never realized UT vs. A&M doesn't have a trophy similar to Miss vs. Miss St. (egg bowl).

The Red River Shootout trophy is all mine.

8. Ollie

Ollie Member

9. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

I'll be getting mine TUESDAY!!!!.

Along with a Sharkport. No need to waste 40 hours to input names when you can spend 20 bucks for one of those things.

I just hope they fix UNM's Stadium in this game. I don't want no GENERIC stadium. I want the real deal.

10. mduke

mduke Member

.......that Texas can't beat OU.

11. junglerules

junglerules Member

Reason #1 Texas will beat OU this year-

We can rely on Ced's shoulders and legs rather than Simms' arm and decision-making process. :)

12. Smokey

The Nebraska uniforms look smooth:

[​IMG]

13. Smokey

Dammit I can't wait any longer.........

I preordered at Gamestop. If they dont' have the game tomorrow afternoon, I'm gonna go crazy.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Let us know Smokey!!!

15. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Vasher is a very flashy player, but he isn't among the best 20 players in the nation, much less the 2nd best.

I'm beginning to think that a UT alum programmed the game.

16. Smokey

All retail stores say the game will be available tomorrow morning. The game has not arrived (unless they are lying). Whenever I receive something by UPS here, I usually get it in the late afternoon. So I'm hoping the UPS guy hasn't made his rounds yet (wishful thinking).

I preordered so supposedly I'll get a call either tonight or tomorrow to come pick up the game. Hopefully tonight. I hear its up to the individual store to determine when to start selling...if its a firm date 23rd by EA then the store could get into trouble. Of course with the competitiveness of the games business (wanting to be the first) and having customers prefer your store, I'm hoping its tonight.

17. Major

Major Member

CNN/SI:

Senior cornerback Roderick Babers (5-10, 187) and junior strong safety Nathan Vasher (5-11, 180) are the two returning starters in the secondary. Both will be among the best in the Big 12 and perhaps the nation.

ESPN:

The secondary will miss Quentin Jammer but returns underrated CB Roderick Babers. Plus, Nathan Vasher could become one of the nation's elite cover men.

Vasher's on some pre-season All-America teams. The big question is how he'll adjust to moving from safety to CB.

18. Smokey

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Just 5.5 hours until the University of Giff starts its domination in NCAA 2003!!!!

:D

20. Smokey

I'd have the game in an hour but I got a quiz I can't miss in class.

I don't understand the point of preordering, every store should have the game today. Gamestop called me last night to tell me it will be delivered this morning.

Anyways, who wants to work on the Texas roster together? I hear 53 of the 55 spots are taken. We're going to need to adjust the freshmen, create 2 players (who?), and adjust everyone else.

Also, what are sliders?

Should we start a new thread for it?