1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ncaa football 2003?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by junglerules, Jul 15, 2002.

1. junglerules

junglerules Member

Does anyone know when this game is out for gamecube, ps2, etc? Online, every source seems to say July 2002, but that is a bit vague for me.

Anyway, i've been looking at previews and reviews online, and the game looks bad ass. My friends and I have been living off of madden 2002 for a while now, and this would be a great change of pace- there's just something special about playing college games, be it the need to win every single game, or just getting to play with your alma mater.

Anyway, if anyone has any idea, let me know. I can't wait to rip a new one on OU at the Cotton Bowl!:mad: :mad: :D

2. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

This game is gonna be the best one ever. The producers gave the Horns much props. Here are some of the player rankings:

MLB #42 E.J. Henderson (Maryland) 99 overall
    SS #43 Troy Palomalu (USC) 98 overall
    CB #3 Nathan Vasher (Texas) 98 overall
    SS #2 Mike Doss (Ohio State) 98 overall
    DT #94 William Joseph (Miami) 98 overall
    LT #72 Brett Williams (FSU) 98 overall
    QB #8 Rex Grossman (Florida) 98 overall
    WR #4 Roy Williams (Texas) 97 overall.

http://www.sportplanet.com/ncaa

Apparently they've made it easier to defend the out patterns. Also, it's easier to run up the middle. The stadiums are amazing. There's even burnt orange in the temporarty Kyle Field bleachers if you're doing T+1. I'm probably going to buy a PS2 once this game comes out.

3. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I was going to post about this game, but I was waiting till it came out.

July 22/23 for PS2 and Xbox

July 30/31 for NGC

My goal as head coach and AD at Texas is to make sure OU and A&M never play in the Big 12 championship game. Actually I'm going to make that my goal wherever I coach :D

4. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I can't wait for this game to come out. My goal is to once again take Harvard to the National Title :D.

CK

5. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i heard something about you being able to ship your best players from this game into madden 2003. that would be cool.

the only thing that really annoys me bout these games is that they cant use the actual names of the players. so you are playing with guys like qb# 3 and i find that annoying.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

The Prima strategy guide comes out Wednesday. It's about $15. If it has all the rosters then I'm going to buy it. The thing more annoying than inputting roster names, its adjusting player ratings. Hopefully it has info on that as well. And the thing about Madden is pretty cool. Might have to buy Madden this year.

7. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

8. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah I have one of those. It works great. I am sure the guys at sportplanet will have updated rosters pretty soon after the game comes out

CK

9. Ollie

Ollie Member

If all you want is NCAA rosters, you might want to check out www.ncaarosters.com. This guy will put the rosters on your card for you if you mail it to him with a SASE and a few bucks. It's cheaper than $30. However, he will be updating his rosters and it might be better to get a Sharkport if you want to get all three versions as they become available or if you plan on using it for other games. Also, you might not want to mail him a card and then have him accidentally erase a save or even lose it (although he claims he has yet to lose or damage one). They also have an option for mailing an XBOX card.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I got NCAA 2002 for Ps2. It's Freakin Awesome! You can import your people to Madden 2002(Have that too) some come out early. The ratings are low though. I heard it comes out late June. Too bad my 2002 is scratched and you cant play the games. :mad: You can still do the recruiting and everything which is very cool. This game outshines Madden and will continue to outshine Madden IMO... Great visuals, great gameplay, good commentary, great play selections (The option is very nice). Can't wait till it comes out I'm gonna have to get the new Madden too. What makes the recruiting great is that there are a buttload of little cities on there (Hopefully Magnolia will be in 2003, cuz it wasn't in 2002). It's awesome to sign the number 1 overall high schooler out of Conroe or The Woodlands or Stafford. Add in the option to import them to Madden....(Eric Crouch and Josh Reed are a great combo on Madden) This game is Freakin' awesome!!!

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

There's a couple of magazines you can buy for around $8 that has all the rosters...no need to send in $30.

12. Smallz88

Smallz88 Member

I have X-box
    any cards i can get to upload real rosters??

13. Baqui99

14. DrewP

Ok, First off, I am not talkign about selling them for 30$. I was thinking like $15, brand new..... And Rocketman95, its all fine and dandy that for 8 bucks you can get a magazine with all the names, but then you would have to waste about 40 hours of your liife entering them all in. with this you just have to do three clicks and you are done. no typing or time required.

15. DrewP

and why the hell is NATHAN VASHER rated so high? Hes fast and a good kickoff and punt returner, but 98?!?!

16. Major

Major Member

and why the hell is NATHAN VASHER rated so high? Hes fast and a good kickoff and punt returner, but 98?!?!

He was our top prospect 2 years ago in many people's eyes in terms of potential (yes, above Roy Williams and company). He's projected to be one of the top CB's in college football this year.

17. DrewP

Uhh, I never considered him a top prospect... expecially not over roy williams. I thought he was a pretty good returner, but a top cornerback? Ill beleive it when I see it.

18. Baqui99

More BOMC (burnt orange media conspiracy) :D

Seriously Vasher is a badass. He led the BigXII with 8 INTs last year. He's a big hitter on D, just ask Texas Tech receiver, Carlos Francis. I was at that game, and you could hear that hit all across the stadium. The play called for a TTU fake punt. Francis is running a pattern, doesn't see Vasher coming at him like a freight train. Vasher lowers his shoulder into Francis and he's on the ground for like 5 minutes. I've NEVER seen a hit like that in my 4 years at UT. Absolutely devastating.

Vasher is a 1st Team preseason AA. He returned 1 kickoff and 1 punt for a touchdown in the spring Orange-White game this year. Big time playmaker.

19. Ollie

Ollie Member

The play in question

20. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Where is my boy Cory Redding at? :D I helped him in a computer course back in high school.