1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Football 2003 on XBOX, PS2

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by TedRuxpin, Jul 23, 2002.

Tags:
  1. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Any of you guys get this game? I just picked it up for the XBOX. I haven't played it yet though.

IF so, what teams/' players go off in the game>

2. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I just bought the game too and played it with Texas. They have given Simms, Benson, and Williams nice ratings. Vasher is the highest with a 97 which I don't get but he is another Jammer in this game. It is a definite upgrade from last year.

3. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

Yep. I ordered my ps2 copy yesterday. I should be getting it tomorrow.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Vasher is picked by some to be a 1st team All-American and is one of the top return men in the nation so the 97 isn't far-fetched at all.

Major and I have been playing it all afternoon. By far the best feature of the game is the create your own university and non-conference schedule.

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

RM95,

Can you alter non conference schedules for the regular D1 schools in the game?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, you should be able to.

7. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Sweet, since my friend and I love the game but we don't always want to play in the same conference.

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I got the PS2 game. Its basically the same as last years w/ the exception of the trophy case. Incoming freshman are not rated as high. Different intros but they still have alot of the same sayings. Computer runs a little bit better and defends the pass alot better. You have to look hard to notice any diffrences. But the few diffrences are worth panning out 50 bucks. Im starting my texas tech dynasty tonight.

9. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm messing around with the game. Very impressive.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I'd say the create your own school thing is a huge difference.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It's also very realistic. Major is currently playing against UT as LBJU and he just ran a int from Simms 98 yards for a TD. :)

12. drapg

drapg Member

has anyone read up on the transferring of graduating classes over to Madden 2003? how does that work? i guess we won't know until madden's release in mid-august. i can't wait to put cedric benson on the texans!

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

You could do it last year...really easy and pretty cool. The only thing that sucked was that if it was a numbered player, they were still a numbered player in Madden.

14. drapg

drapg Member

were the college player free agents that could be placed on any team? or was there an actual NFL draft? how much space on a memory card did a NCAA class take?

15. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

They were added to the draft...the class didn't take up too much space. Once you've imported it into Madden, you can delete it.

16. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

The class took between 350 to 400 bytes I think, very minimal.

17. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I agree. My first pass with Simms was an interception. Of course I didn't know what button I had just pressed :D

Blame it on the coaches.

18. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

If you are using the Xbox the "x" botton on pass for the UT team is the receiver Roy Williams. That's all you have to know. I threw several long passes to Roy today with Simms. Baber #21 as the cornerback is awesome too.

I also tried using Baylor for the hell of it. Cicero has some juice, but Baylor only has one decent receiver - Newhouse. I coudn't even get them to score once in the red zone.

Damn, this game is realistic!!!

19. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I got the game today and have played it a little. I created my Alma Mater Lamar(yeah I know they don't have football but they used to) and the game is better than last years. The only thing that is hard to get used to is that this year you don't have to hit the x button to snap then hit it again to bring up the pass windows. You just snap the ball and the pass window comes up automatically. It is a little annoying at first since I am used to the old way and i keep throwing an immediate pass to my x receiver who is never expecting it. I played as Lamar and beat Neb. 21-14 in my first game.

CK

20. Nashvegas

Nashvegas Contributing Member

Castor, that bugged me at first also, but you can go into the game settings and change that.

I think the coolest feature on the game is the coach cam. You hit the R2 button on defense, and it tells you what player is responsible for what player. It helps make things easier when you are blitzing to see who have to pick up so they aren't wide open.

Definitely better than last years game. The computer is smarter, and its not so easy to pass on them.