1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBDL] Marcus Morris Game 9:Canton Charge @ Vipers 2/16/2012

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by BetterThanEver, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Maybe he will "develop". Maybe not. Maybe time to consider what you can salvage in a trade.

2. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Jermaine taylor with the vipers @_@ here i thought hes with the queens

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You might be right. Might not be. Let's take a look at the Twins in the NBA.

Jason
    Jarron Collins - Hard to tell who is really significantly better

Robin
    Brook Lopez - I would go with the more offensively gifted Brook, Robin is a
    banger

Markieff
    Marcus Morris

Markieff is developing..... whereas Marcus is in the D-league

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

A 22 year old lottery pick that could not get minutes for a team that is starting a 2nd round rookie. Not good no matter how you look at it. Maybe if he was 19 but he is 22.

You would not select Kahwi Leonard ahead of Morris? That's a head scratcher? I'm guessing most teams including the Rockets would also select Parsons over Morris in a re-draft. And there are several others drafted behind Morris having a decent rookie year as well.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

just another F-up in a long line of F-up's this franchise has committed in the past 15 years

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

i wanna include in a DM trade..

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

no marbles in this thread.

8. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The defensive transition for SG to PG is much smoother than PF to SF. The guy is coming back from an ankle injury and does it really matter what type of record the RGV get???.... really?

The whole point of him being down there is for him to learn to defend his new position which he has been focusing on, I mean if he wanted he could be the black hole of black holes and never let any others get shots off, but that's not the focus.

Give him at least a year before you call him a bust please. If he turns out not so great, eh, he was a 14th overall pick not top 5. Hell not even top 10! Regardless he needs time obviously and his growth will come thru once he gets a chance in the bigs.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Wow, the Rockets got a 2nd round pick starting over a lottery pick. What a steal!

I would not judge Morris by his first 3 months as a Rocket...I mean Viper. He needs to learn defense on the perimeter.

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Glad we didn't salvage something for Patterson when he was in the dleague last year.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

That's not being fair to Parson. If we had a do over in the draft, he would easily be draft top 10-15. The kid is an elite defender. Top 10 in the NBA at the wing position.

12. rsx_htown

rsx_htown Contributing Member

Now i dont get to watch as often because I unfortunatly moved from houston, but is this true? Can someone agree with this?

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

According to mySynergysports.com, he is ranked 9 in the entire NBA in ISO situations. Considering he always get the toughest defensive assignment, he's pretty darn good. He does worse in PNR situations, but that has a lot to do with our with the fact that our bigs don't show at all in those situations.

14. solid

solid Contributing Member

Where is Greg Smith?

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Check the boxscores - he played.

16. cod

cod Member

He'll be fine.

17. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Member

Wait til the trade deadline and then lets see what this kid can do

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't think he can be a bust, because he was attested with good post game as a four so he is still a solid power forward material.

19. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

At least. Scola & Patterson are as inconsistent as they come this year. We're not contenders, give the kid a shot.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They are wasting him down there. Bring him up see what he can do. Give him 10 or 11 games of 30 minutes see what he can do.