1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBDL] Marcus Morris Debut : Dakota Wizards @ Rio grande Valley Vipers 1/6/12

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by BetterThanEver, Jan 6, 2012.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

What system?

If the Rockets have one they need to tell T-Will & Jonny Flynn!;)

2. Rokman

Rokman Member

Morris putting up the numbers tonight! Let's hope it translates to NBA level competition. He can't be any worse than Bud at this point so I say bring him back and let him develop against real talent it will help him grow at a faster pace.

To all who said that holding your hand over your heart is not a rule of the National Anthem I tracked down the facts. It was enacted in June 1942 under 36 U.S.C. Sec. 171. This rule has been going on now for 70 years so someone needs to educate those ignorant players about the facts and the same goes for all you other ignorant jerks who were running your mouth earlier!

http://usinfo.org/facts/171.html

"During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there."

NOW! On with basketball!

1 person likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That was in a statement.....I can remember.... Feigen or Jason Friedman said that or Kmac himself

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/85Arw95PH2k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/85Arw95PH2k?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

5. Rockets_Texans

33 points! and 16 rebounds! dangs

6. Rockets_Texans

dang!*

7. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Yeah seeing how the current rockets team is playing and with Courtney Lee being out for a few more games, I'd rather have Morris coming off the bench over Parsons, just so he can develop. If I'm not mistaken, I saw Mchale using Williams as a 2 at some parts of the game right? He's becoming more of a passer right now but I'd much rather him divide his options and look to score when he can. Everyone's looking potentially good except Flynn, he needs to stop dribbling aimlessly. I hope he does well but it's not looking to bright for him.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Not sure what your point is. CBud also played major role before Patterson. As did Landry before Brooks. Some players are obviously more ready than others regardless of draft position. The Rockets have quite a nice record of player development over the past years. The best I can say is that those people know what they're doing. Because they haven't done much to suggest a lack of trust.

9. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

What the hell do you do? Piss on the flag?

I to think its crappy that they don't honor the flag and country. It's such a simple thing to do. BUT NOOOOOOO. Got to be real. Got to show we don't need anyone. Got to show we don't need a country. GOt to show we don't need a flag. Got to show we do what we want and sue if we don't get it.

F*** that attitude.

No nationalism, no flag, no country. USA = dead in the water

1 person likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

I was thinking the same thing about Pattterson; so I really like your thought process. Let Patterson and Morris LEARN to play TOGETHER in a winning situation. It is hard to look forward to Smith without him under contract; ie he will be playing for another team, SOON.

+I did understand why we keep Flynn till I saw him play...

He is here so we can keep our draft pick this year. AND his time will increase as the season goes on. "Captin Tank"

1 person likes this.
  11. rumelian

rumelian Member

he should play over Bud man, cmon

12. tharges

tharges Member

Beautifully worded my friend, i take issue with religion because it creates such animosity and hatred towards one another no matter what race, that always leads in the wrong direction. Dont ask dont tell should have been instituted for religion, everyone should have their own belief, why should you or myself care?

13. ipa

ipa Member

Blackberry Playbook....duuuuh!:eek:

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Exactly! That's what's happened in this country over the past 40 years! It's a steady chipping away of the national pride and people are so caught up in their individuality that they forgot how that got to be.

There's a lack of true respect for America on this forum and it sickens me! You see people from all over the world now walking around here trying to hang their flag and are constantly screaming about how they love their country, blah, blah, blah but left it to come here while these guys stand around like, "I don't give a $hit! What did this country ever do for me?" Get your head out of your butt people and wake up this isn't good and if you don't think it matters you will soon enough.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

17. delishman

delishman Member

Judging by this thread, Marcus Morris is a controversial figure.

18. alethios

alethios Member

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No wonder the rest of the world thinks Americans are odd.

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

GO START A THREAD AND DEBATE AND DISCUSSION. GET THE POLITICAL CRAP OUT OF HERE. HOW HARD IS THAT TO UNDERSTAND?