1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Live 200? on PS1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Johnny Rocket, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I got a playstation one a few months back for like $25 and havent played it much but all of this talk about gaming as gotten me interested again. So my question for ya'll is what are the differences on the playstation between NBA Live 2000, 2001, and 2002? I am really cheap so I dont think i would want to pay anymore for the game then I payed for my system. So really the differences between 2000 and 2001 would be more helpful. Also if you would post your favorite PS1 games and where you get good deals on them that would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks

2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

For me, other than roster updates, I can't tell the difference between 2000 and 2001. Graphics and gameplay are really the same.

If I remember correctly both versions have One on One. I know for sure you can play Jordan one on one in 2001. I believe 2000 has a 3 point contest.

I wouldn't spend $40 on 2002 for PS1.

I have 2002 for Xbox and I think I should have waited for Sega 2k2. There's no defense on 2002. Even in simulation, its all dunks and layups. And Francis is awesome...I think the cover guy is always the best player in the game.

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

They arent making NBA Live 2002 for PS1...... Only for the PS2

Gotta love Marketing!!!!

4. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

5. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I didn't think so either until I saw it at Target. If you are looking for just a game, go with 2000 or 2001. If you want the latest updates etc. go with 2002. It's really pricey when you think about it. The PS1 versions are all the same to me, but you might want to rent 2002 to see if you like it.

6. Hydra

Hydra Member

Gran Tourismo 2 is maybe the best game on PS1.