1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA Game Action : 8/1/2020

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Aug 1, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cp3 still doing what cp3 does. The harden/cp3 pairing deserved more years smh

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was just going to post something like this. In hindsight, with a shortened season, I wish we had Chris Paul for these seeding games + playoffs, than Westbrook.

Not to say Westbrook isn't a great player, but I would just rather have CP3, whether we were going microball or not.

3. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Naw dude was always hurt...it ran its course. Love a healthy cp3 tho

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Regardless of it. Still deserved more than 2 years. In no way does running it’s course mean 2 years. You need significantly more time than that tone true especially when that time includes a historic GS team that nobody else wanted any part of. That pairing is easily a championship caliber backcourt whose games fit seamlessly

#24 YOLO, Aug 1, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  5. Fantasma Negro

I legit thought that was a wnba team walking in but it was the pelicans with masks on lol

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm a fan of CP3 (not now that he is with OKC) I still wonder if CP3's intangibles is better around Harden than a consistent 20pt per game scorer like Westbrook. With a healthy CP3 the rockets won the most games in franchise history, but Cp3 was so reluctant to just shoot the ball even at the Rockets best.

People really hung up on this Harden has never had a 20pt scorer stuff. CP3 elevates other players even though he's not scoring 20pts a game.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rocket better not seed to a 4/5 OKC matchup.. that would suck.

8. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Patience is a virtue that the Rockets owner doesn't have. It makes me doubly upset because we would have gotten the CP we see now with some gameplay adjustments (look how much Morey and MDA have bent over backwards to make it work with Russ) and CP was already making the necessary diet and conditioning changes last season that are now reaping rewards. We pulled out too early.

Little Bit, buffalobills!!! and YOLO like this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Hey w a s hurt the one year we could of won, then was bad the next year. Thats 2 years. Harden ain't gonna be young forever. You can keep hoping a old guy like that 1. Gonna be injury free when his history is injury prone 2. Gonna be old at that age. N remember when got a mvp back. It was a 100 p a recent good n prudent trade. Again nothing personally against cp3. If u could of Guarantee he wasn't gonna be hurt or degenerate at that old age. I would of kept him...so would the rockets brass. The risk was just to great to continue

10. what

what Member

Mitchell is too much of a ball hog to do anything.
    If he's on then Utah looks like world-beaters. When he's not on they look inept.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

2 years in no way constitutes “run it’s course” it takes years and years for that statement to be true. And now without a historic GS team dominating the league it’s even worse that the pair is no longer together. There’s no such thing as guaranteed health. And it turns out they traded him for someone that sit on back to backs and occasionally. And anyone that understands cp3’s game is that it absolutely ages well. Why because he’s actually skilled with high iq.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yup. A lot of stuff here people overlook or don’t actually know

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Let's be fair here, CP3 was hurt because MDA tried to turn CP3 into Harden. There is no way CP3 could carry that kind of workload; nobody except Lebron could do that.

Yes, CP3 is injury prone, but I don't think MDA did enough to protect him from injury. It was all panic and 8 man rotations. Westbrook got here and he wasn't playing b2b's; CP3 didn't get that luxury.

Little Bit, buffalobills!!! and YOLO like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Remains to be seen.

Keeping CP3 another year at OKC would do wonders for SGA.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think CP3 at this stage serves better as a Miyagi, Master Splinter than co-captain.

Thing turned sour when Harden was like, you giving me advice and you can't even beat your own man, Harden didn't give him the benefit of the doubt.

CP3 was easily the most intelligent guy on that team, got to pick his brain more.

16. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Dumb announcer keeps calling Diallo SGA

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Might be wrong but it seemed Utah lost momentum without Bogdanovic and Denver isn't really cohesive yet and would take more than 7 games to get where they want to be.

18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CP3 can be both a mentor and star-ish player, but you have to be willing to take the nagging. Maybe CP3 is better being the father figure in the loker room at this stage in his career I guess; He is free to son all the children and they won't care because they all look up to him.

CP3's nagging has been a problem everywhere he has been except OKC.

Even if CP3 is right in his tutelage, Harden is not going to receive any criticism from a player trying to be his dad.

Look at Harden here taking criticism from Russ and immediately doing what Russ said the very next play.

BeBreezy and don grahamleone like this.
  19. Fantasma Negro

Without their names on their jerseys I have no clue who any of these guys are on the thunder besides CP3. To be honest their real names wouldn't change that

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  20. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Thats not fair...russ was coming off knee surgery....cp3 wasn't. Its just general old man-ness. Hamstrings n what not.