1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 4/13/2014

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

All times are CENTRAL<BR><table border=0 cellspacing=0 cellpadding=5><tr style='color:#ffffff;background-color:#000099;font-size: 14px;font-family: Arial;text-shadow: 0 2px 0 rgba(0,0,0,1);'><td colspan=2 align=center><b>Visitor</b></td><td colspan=2 align=center style='border-left:1px solid #9999FF;'><b>Home</b></td><td align=center><b><nobr>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Time&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</nobr></b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(58-21) OKLAHOMA CITY<br><b>THUNDER</b></td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(54-26) INDIANA<br><b>PACERS</b></td><td valign=middle align=center>12:00 pm<BR><b>(ABC)</b></td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(46-33) TORONTO<br><b>RAPTORS</b></td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(29-51) DETROIT<br><b>PISTONS</b></td><td valign=middle align=center>2:30 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(23-56) ORLANDO<br><b>MAGIC</b></td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(43-36) BROOKLYN<br><b>NETS</b></td><td valign=middle align=center>5:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(47-32) CHICAGO<br><b>BULLS</b></td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(34-45) NEW YORK<br><b>KNICKS</b></td><td valign=middle align=center>6:30 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(49-30) GOLDEN STATE<br><b>WARRIORS</b></td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(52-28) PORTLAND<br><b>TRAIL BLAZERS</b></td><td valign=middle align=center>8:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#ffffff;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(40-39) MINNESOTA<br><b>TIMBERWOLVES</b></td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(27-53) SACRAMENTO<br><b>KINGS</b></td><td valign=middle align=center>8:00 pm</td></tr><tr style='color:#000000;background-color:#eeeeee;font-size: 12px;font-family: Arial;'><td valign=middle>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(47-32) MEMPHIS<br><b>GRIZZLIES</b></td><td valign=middle style='border-left:1px solid #cccccc;'>[​IMG]</td><td valign=middle>(25-54) LOS ANGELES<br><b>LAKERS</b></td><td valign=middle align=center>8:30 pm</td></tr></table>

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's go, Golden State!

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It feels like Scott Foster refs a ton of OKC games.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Roy Hibbert is soooooooo bad. Is he the worst max contract in the league after Joe Johnson and Rudy Gay? Or even before those guys?

5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Man, Westbrook is so wild. If he could just control himself and finish better around the basket. I guess he is moving so fast that sometimes it is hard for him to figure out the right amount of touch to use in that split second. He does it on his pull up jumpers too sometimes. It is funny to watch a super athletic freak like him use his superior speed and quickness to blow past his man again and again and watch him blow layups and then an average athletic guy like Harden who just plays at his own pace and with strength, methodically get to the basket and finish or get fouled. Also how Harden just kind of lulls guys and sets them up for his step back jumper even though they know it is coming. Everything is at his speed.

Man OKC was loaded.

Durant is a phenom. He can actually do everything Harden and Westbrook can do. Overwhelm guys athletically and slowly get whatever he wants. He can play both speeds. That is what makes him such a devastating scorer.

#5 vator, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  6. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Amare Stoudemire, Deron Williams, Kobe Bryant, Gerald Wallace, Andre Bargnani, and Carlos Boozer are all competing for worst of the worst contracts.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're right. Forgot about Amare and Kobe.

8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I kind of want Indy to drop to two just to ensure Miami has to take on Charlotte and Brooklyn. Whichever gives the Heat the hardest & toughest road, with the most potential for upsets.

Let's go GS.

9. Yellow

Yellow Member

Go Pacers, Warriors, Raptors, Knicks & Lakers

10. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

wow does hibbert sucks

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Has Hibbert quit on the Pacers? Wonder if internal machinations with Bynum being there had something to do with it.

12. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

If golden state wins, we secure home court. But if they win, they own the tiebreaker with Portland and pull within 1 loss of the 5th seed (with only 1 game left). Would you rather play Portland or GS?

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think the majority want Portland (as do I), but really the Rockets should beat either team in a series. Portland just has an awful defense while Golden State's isn't bad, which is why I want Portland.

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

GSW might be without D.Lee for the playoffs.

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

So how many of Durants free throws does he actually deserve?

16. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's mostly deserved the ones he has gotten.

17. Houston_Rockets

I am used to see terrible refereeing in soccer, but let me tell you, NBA refs are probably worse, absolutely no consistency.
    DonĀ“t really like Indiana, but man I love me some Stephenson, pure heart.
    People wanting GSW to win, but if you are thinking about what is best for us, you would want Port to win. We win against them with or without home court advantage, IMO.
    GSW despite overrated to begin the season they are dangerous when it comes to one single series.

18. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Love watching Stephenson play. His on court theatrics with the wild plays are entertaining

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't it be nice if the Rockets play a similar type of defense as the Pacer. Very discipline. Containment. None of these watch-the-ball and loses your man type of defense. And none of these too much hype up (Garcia on Durant is one example) on-player or on-ball pressure that leave you vulnerable for opponent to just drive right by you. And great switch and helping defense.

20. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

You're watching what is called a, Well-coached basketball team.