1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Game Action: 10/23/2019

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamShook, Oct 23, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He just turned 34 lmao

I hope you’re right though. Hopefully Westbrook isn’t chucking away games like he’s done for years and actually plays smart basketball with good defense. Time will tell.

I guess we’ll find out. I’m rooting for him. Feels weird to root for a Thunder player but Chris Paul is worthy of it.

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like(d) CP3. I was shocked they traded him. I'm definitely not rooting for him. This isn't a hate watch either. I'm curious. I hope Russ turns out to be better than CP3 so we won't have to hear the insufferable i told you so's

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

winning basketball?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Y’all do know the reason Paul isn’t here is because of Harden right?
    You ok risking Harden leaving to keep CP?

BigShasta and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I hope so too. I really do. I cannot for the life of me shake his last 3 playoff performances, though. It has been the very definition of losing basketball for 3 straight years without change.

It will take a lot to get me to buy in and forget those, but hopefully a change of scenery is what helps. Time will tell.

HP3, clutchdabear and DreamShook like this.
  6. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Not only is Westbrook way worse than Chris Paul he had a genuinely disastrous pre-season. Westbrook was a negative on offense and defense in the pre-season.

Westbrook’s battle is to be a starting level, not better than Chris Paul.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m not taking any hard stances after the first game.

At least no hard stances that go against my pre conceived notions.

if early results happen to align with what I thought all along, well then, I told you so.

arno_ed likes this.
  8. vlaurelio

preseason? at least wait for tomorrows game

hakeem94, Os Trigonum and LorneMalvo like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: As a non-Rocket, this tied for the lowest Assist game in CP3's career on at least 30 minutes played. And the last one was 2012.

it's more because of Kashi and PG3 than Harden.

BigShasta and DreamShook like this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It's his assist total that will skyrocket this year without ballhog Harden crushing his game. His 3 assists tonight is evidence...

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah? Like smart shot selection, smart decision making down the stretch, not turning the ball over at a high rate, shooting efficiently, playing defense. Those are characteristics of winning basketball to me, CP3 checks all of those boxes, Westbrook doesn't check one. Surely this isn't the first time you've heard about CP3 being a smart winning player, and WB not being a smart winning player?

I'm sorry bro if your excited about WB or liked the trade, I don't mean to throw your dick in the dirt, but I'm being upfront with you I just hate WB's play style for any team who is trying to win games in today's game, and not due to the trade, I've felt this was about WB for like 5 years now. I hate his fit for our team, I think your average starting PG would help us win more games then WB.

I hope I eat crow, I hope it was a great trade, I hope everything works out. I mean that I'm gonna be watching every game.

YOLO, hakeem94, ilias and 3 others like this.
  12. vlaurelio

so actually winning is not important as long as there are signs of winning basketball?

im just saying wait at least until both players have played 10 games

you're the one who's too excited to say the trade was wrong not me

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No winning is the important part, I'm saying I think WB's style of play will lead to less winning. Yeah I should probably wait more games before talking ****, but hellll I aint got nothing else to do right now.

HP3 and vlaurelio like this.
  14. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Kelly O is having a great game with the SUNS. We could have had him and solved our SF problem by signing Ariza and trading him for someone like Kelly O...but Tilman is broke and can't afford possible Luxury Tax. Now we have Daniel House and crap at SF instead of someone like Kelly O

"Luxury Tax is not a concern. I told Morey he can't spend as much as he wants"- Signed SHUT UP AND WATCH THE PAYROFLL

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The Suns are possessed.

daywalker02 and BaselineFade like this.
  16. Mr. Space City

This is what makes the west so crazy this year.

Almost every team is competitive and can hand you an L any night. Even the Suns have talent.

You win most games against the bottom half of the east by just showing up to the arena.

17. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

18. TheresTheDagger

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he also looked unmotivated and passive last year imho

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Crazy, won with the biggest differential so far, wubio with the double double.