1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA conferences draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, May 31, 2013.

?

Pick one

1. 8 rounds, current players

60.0%
  2. 1st round all-time (retired players), the other 7 current players

40.0%
  1. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

He's just old now. Look how the Knicks ended up

2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I list to his bc because, well idk... I am probably the only team built to stop Lebron, yet couldn't beat it...

Judging suspect...

And while i like and appreciate Donatas, he was shady this draft which isn't like him...

But, it kills time..

3. Jamers

Jamers Member

what's wrong with horford being the second option next to jordan?

he's the first option with the hawks and did a pretty good job.. Thad Young as well.. Oh, well :eek:

4. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I guess I should've said "deadline is 3.30 pm" and cut Tyson at 3:30. The end result would be the same, I wouldn't help anyone to add a star for free, but I guess no one would complain that there's anything "shady" about it.
    Now I said "in about 30 minutes", so that's a bit unclear. That's my mistake. But in the big picture, there would be no difference, so I guess people need to get over it.

5. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

re 'built to stop LeBron', i think your defense was very nice 1 to 4, and it would help, but i think you overdid it, you gave up too much talent in trades. You can't just put a great defender on LeBron and hope to stop him, and you can't really double him because he's too good of a passer. You have to defend him well and beat his team in other spots. Now, LeBron clearly wins his direct matchup vs. Deng + Horry's team was as good or better when it comes to the rest of the roster.

I think you had more of a chance with Melo/Varejao, tbh. You didn't really upgrade your defense with those trades because you put Aldridge at 5, and you lost a bunch of offense.

6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Nothing wrong with Horford. Thad Young can't shoot but still a good player. But he's probably your 4th best player, and Horry has 5 players clearly better than him (James, Barkley, Hibbert, Wall, Monroe). I could see a case for your team based on depth and Jordan but Horry has a very talented team.

7. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

EAST

Horry33 vs. Jamers 5:1
    jvu vs. Jmc 4:1

WEST

RedNation vs. Donatas 5:0
    thething vs. VBG 4:0

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

EAST

Horry33 vs. jvu

WEST

RedNation vs. thething

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

EAST

-----------------------------------------------------------

Horry33

J.Wall
    I.Shumpert
    LeBron
    C.Barkley
    Hibbert

JKidd
    D.Wright
    G.Monroe

VS

jvu

Rajon Rondo
    Jimmy Butler / Avery Bradley
    Larry Bird / Michael Kidd Gilkris
    David West /
    Kevin Garnett / Andre Drummond

WEST

Rednation

pg: Jrue Holiday
    sg: Nicolas Batum
    sf: Carmelo Anthony
    pf: Tim Duncan
    C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Bench:
    G: Patrick Beverley
    F: O.J. Mayo
    C: Kenneth Faried

VS

thething

g Curry
    g Westbrook
    f Gallinari
    f Ibaka
    c Hakeem

g Eric Bledsoe
    g Gordon Hayward
    f Ryan Anderson

10. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Btw, I would've voted for RedNation in the previous matchup too, but I was surprised at someone claiming that I lose because my bench was worse.
    You might make a case that benches are even if you are a really big fan of Beverly and OJ Mayo but Pekovic is such a major advantage, there's no way my bench was worse.

I think RedNation beats me with starters. Melo/Duncan is a great combo, and he has two good versatile players in the backcourt. Just a great starting lineup with great spacing and versatility on both ends.

11. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Horry. Close. I think jvu has the better backcourt and defense, Horry has a considerably better frontcourt and better offense. Benches are similar. Monroe>Drummond, Bradley>Kidd, MKG and Dorell Wright are a wash. In the end, I think Barkley vs. West advantage is bigger than jvu's advantage in the backcourt.

RedNation. Also very close. I though Red, thething and RR14 had the best teams in the West and it'd extremely tough to choose between them. I think Red has the better frontcourt and slightly better defense, thething has the better backcourt and bench.
    Impossible to pick the offense, both have a ton of quality, both also have a few question marks (Holiday has been very inefficient in the 2nd half, Westbrook and Melo tend to go into hero mode and make some poor decisions, Hakeem used to stop the ball movement for a few seconds and he could fall in love with fadeaways). I think Red has more size, better passing and overall shooting, but thething has the best shooter, more athleticism and none of his players were as inefficient as Holiday this year. Overall, I'll just say these offenses are even.
    In the end, these teams looking even, I went with Red because I thought that he has very good athletic long defenders on Curry/Westbrook, while I trust Gallinari on Melo less.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

East

FC: JVU, I hate to go against LeBron, but Bird, Garnett, and West are a great FC!
    BC: Horry, it's close.... Butler is improving and Shump came off an injury. However Wall played amazing last part of the season (as far as I remember anyway) and Rondo while great, has very little offensive game.
    OFF: These teams are both great, however slight edge to the Bird. JVU gets the nod here.
    DEF: TOUGH, but I'll give it to Horry by a hair. I like LeBron's defensive versatility better.
    BENCH: I'll give it to Horry. Bradley cannot run point. Drummond is still raw. MKG is still developing. Wright knows his roll, Kidd only knows how to play point, and Monroe is established.

Winner: Horry

West

BC:TheThing- Curry and Westbrook together? impossible to guard BC. Batum and Holiday are nice, but Westbrook is proven allstar and Curry got snubbed.
    FC:RedN- Melo>Gallo, Duncan>Ibaka, KAJ<Akeem
    OFF: TheThing- Curry, Westbrook, Gallo, and Akeem are all great Offensive players. too much for RedN
    DEF:TheThing- Ibaka and Akeem shut down the paint, and both are versatile enough to cover stretch 4 TD. Curry has quick hands for perimeter steals but not a shutdown defender, while Westbrook can be the perimeter stopper. Batum, Holiday, Duncan, and KAJ are great, but 2 of the greatest (top 10) shotblockers to play the game are on the same team. It's tough to vote against that.
    BENCH:TheThing- Bledsoe, Hayward, and Anderson can all put the ball in the basket. Also Bledsoe is the best player of all the benches.

Winner THETHING

1 person likes this.
  13. jvu

jvu Member

Congrats horry beat me twice in the finals

1 person likes this.
  14. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Are you trying to jinx me? I haven't won anything yet bit in my opinion I would call LeBron and Bird at least a push. But then you have a prime Barkley and Hibbert against West and a 37 year old KG which is a big advantage for me I think. Also, with Wall, Kidd, and LeBron I have multiple handlers unlike jvu.

15. VBG

VBG Member

The biggest mismatch in the Horry matchup is Charles Barkley. He's just too fast and explosive for anyone on JVU's team.

Vote Horry

Bledsoe, Curry and Westbrook will be constantly pushing the defense and harrassing the other team. I think they create just enough easy opportunities.

Vote thething

16. jvu

jvu Member

nah man you beat me in the finals for 2 straight seasons its obvious you won no need to explain yourself

17. jvu

jvu Member

Ill go with redN

Barely.

18. thething

thething Contributing Member

Since when did Westbrook and Melo become question marks on offense? That is ridiculous. Both help their team offensively tremendously. On all star teams like these they would be great for their teams. Neither had a problem on team USA.

19. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Horry and the thing

Seriously, hakeem vs tim and kareem? What a hell of a matchup

20. jvu

jvu Member

They are excellent shot creators. The knock on them is the fact that they may ballhog and shoot rediculous shots when they could pass the ball when creating for others.