1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Small Forward Rankings

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by Barkley, Sep 29, 2007.

1. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

he got me a three, a block, and a steal every game... very marionlike.

2. Barkley

Barkley Member

And that's why he should be higher even in fantasy. You can say he is a type of Shawn Marion. He can also add an asist, charge taken and rebound...I think everyone would like to have player like that on fantasy team, no matter if it's battier if a similar player to him

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Just out of curiosity.. in that list, where would you place Battier?

4. Barkley

Barkley Member

Hmm......probably about 10-13, how about you? :D

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

now that's funny.

6. AkeemTheDreem86

Just wondering, do you know what fantasy sports are?

7. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

obviously not.

8. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

Haha I still don't think this guy gets it

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I watch a Hawk games when I am bored out of my mind or have nothing else to do....but I wouldn't choose Josh Smith 3rd after every other SF in the league...he's good player, but I don't think puts up those kinda numbers yet.

Because gap between him and top 2 is like distance from Japan to where I live.

10. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Basically, Shane is good for 3-pointers and thats pretty much it fantasy-wise. And with Francis on board and Bonzi looking to get more PT, Shane should be getting less touches as well as less minutes.

11. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

josh smith is high on the fantasy league as he can provide points across the board. He produce 16 points, 9 boards, 3.3 assist, 1.4 steal, 2.9 blocks and 0.5 3p made, while shooting at 44% and 70% FT.

That is why he is higher than melo, piecre and others.

12. Barkley

Barkley Member

Ok that is true and you can say that it's why he's higher. He's probably better defensive player than offensive, very athletic what gives him a great jump (dunks, shot blockin' and rebounds). But his jumpshot is really off...

13. Barkley

Barkley Member

And if Josh is number #3, Shane should be higher than #20...

14. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Fantasy takes into account stats only. It doesn't matter how the team does or what that player truly means to the team. Doesn't matter how well a player dunks or if a player has a jump shot or not. He's shooting 44 percent, and it doesn't matter how the player makes the shot.

Rankings are just a projection. Battier is on the same team as Tmac/Yao/Francis. How are his numbers gonna be anything close to Josh Smith's, where he's the first/second option on the team?