1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM] Chris Bosh interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaiaguilar, Jun 29, 2010.

1. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/06/15/20100615_bosh_free_agent.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

I know its long been written out there that he doesn't want to be a side kick but it imo when you actually hear and watch him say it gives so much more insight into his thought process... Houston is pretty much comes to mind as the IDEAL place that can give him want he wants. and when i say ideal i mean great organization, good location, large international market, the BEST supporting cast, a top coach, and good locker room - absolutely no bias there! these are all widely known and accepted.

My point here is that's straight from him - no media opinions. He wants to be the centerpiece. what other team can give him want he wants?

if you really look at what makes sense without all the biased media opinions, Houston would be the leading candidate.

2. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

NBA is trying to draw more hype to this then there really is. Let's get LBJ, Wade, Bosh, Dirk, Amare, and Joe Johnson to their destinations and get on with our lives shall we?

Thats kind of why I like our team the way it is now, theres none of this drama!

Don't feed into this hype my dear friend.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

How old(or new) is this? I dont buy anything any of these FAs say. Bosh says he doesn't want to be a sidekick but what is he doing when he goes to Chicago or Miami? Being a sidekick, 2nd option, 2nd fiddle,[or even 3rd if you believe the reports of all 3 teaming up] or whatever you want to call it. Don't buy a thing they say. JMO though.

4. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

i don't think its hype.. it just makes sense that houston should be up there in his mind, if not leading. contrary to what all the media is floating around.

unless of course his already made up his mind on another team. and these multiple, seemingly contradicting, sources are telling the truth.

if he wants to be the centerpiece and win a championship houston is the most logical destination. i imo that idea hasn't been really been pushed enough in the media.

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Again, very little about Chicago or Miami and playing second fiddle to LBJ/Wade has come from Bosh - the majority is from the starstruck media. You have guys can't take anonymous source reports as gospel...

6. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

well.. i guess u can put this in the 'don't count houston out' argument.

from what i've read not much of the media gives due credit to houston's chances. but we'll see..

7. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

if bosh sticks with his thought, rox is the best place for him. yao is a person who doesn't mind to be a sidekicker. if he goes to where other mega stars go, he won't be a centerpiece for sure.

8. joesr

joesr Member

I think the excuse international marketing doesnt apply to to super stars. To a role player, yes. Extra money. To a super star, well honestly, they are gonna get theirs, believe that.

9. jaiaguilar

jaiaguilar Member

it sure helped tmac out.. it's a factor. perhaps not big one. but i think it still counts.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Bosh is a marketing superstar?