1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA coaches sound off

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheFreak, Nov 13, 2016.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

2. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

I'm just confused as to why they think we care about their opinions. Why does everyone suddenly think it's ok to share their political beliefs in public?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Eh, why does anyone care about any one else's opinion here? Just because you are a coach, player, doctor, lawyer, so what if you share your political views. At least you care.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I disagree completely. Pop doesn't carry any more weight than you or I or anyone else who showed up to vote.

cml750, Bobbythegreat and Hustle Town like this.
  5. TheFreak

I know right? Why would anyone think that when asked a question, people would expect you to answer it? Wtf is wrong with people?

DudeWah and dmoneybangbang like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not everyone's opinion is equally valuable. Some people are more thoughtful than others. I value their opinion more.

But, I agree, being ex-military or in charge of the Olympic team isn't an important factor.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

And D'Antoni has nothing to say. Typical. San Antonio is gonna attract all the major free-agents and Houston will be shut out.

8. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Exactly. Next thing I'm going to do is get Mike Pence's thoughts on improving the Rockets' defense!

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

To be fair, he would probably have better ideas than last year's head coach, at least.

Nook likes this.
  10. durvasa

Not really comparable. It's a government of the people (of which Pop is a member). Citizens are supposed to have opinions, and in a working democracy discussing politics in public Is not a thing to be shunned but embraced (whether we agree with the opinions or not).

Mike Pence is neither obligated nor expected to have an opinion on basketball, though if he has something to offer on improving our defense I'm happy to hear it!

11. TheFreak

Just so I fully understand your position - someone who is a public figure, and the most elite and respected at his profession, and who has a lot more to lose than most by virtue of his positions as head coach in a strong red state and leader of the olympic team for the country whose president he is denouncing ... this guy's opinion carries no more weight to you than Joe Clutchfan's or a BLM protester?

12. Space Ghost

You're still under the impression people were voting for Trump and not against Hillary. The right has been critical of Trump. Its the left who has blindly embraced Hillary and all of her serious flaws.

13. dmoneybangbang

Of course you do since you are on the other side of one of the greatest coaches in modern basketball. I'd feel silly too that so many intelligent people disagreed with me.

14. dmoneybangbang

Is is that hard for you to understand that many of the people who voted for her liked her policies better? Liked her more positive tone?

15. dmoneybangbang

The Trump supporters or Hillary haters just jelly another well respected person (this is a basketball forum primarily) disagrees with them.

16. Space Ghost

Better? Just because one turd doesn't stink as bad as the other doesn't mean you need to embrace it.

17. durvasa

Well, when you put it that way I can see your point. :)

18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What about Ja? Please ,somebody find JaRule so I can make sense of all of this!?!?

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Because politics affects everyone, and no one watches the McLaughlin Group: although now less so than ever.

20. dmoneybangbang

Embrace it? You can use hyperbole to prop up your argument I suppose.