1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-WC draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, May 17, 2013.

?

Which type of draft do you want (multiple choices possible)

Poll closed May 22, 2013.
  1. Try West conference

61.5%
  2. Normal all-nba draft again

23.1%
  3. All-time

23.1%
  4. All-ginger

46.2%
  5. Any

7.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Nice one. Spooner has the best team though. No mystery there

3 people like this.
  3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Dwight: 17.1 ppg, 12.4 rpg, 2.4 bpg, 36 mpg

Timmy D- 17.8 ppg, 9.9 rpg, 2.7 bpg, 30 mpg

http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/page/1155-Dwight-Howard
    The reason Dwight scored a higher percentage this season (and every other season) is because his shots come right around the rim from putbacks and dunks. He's awful from everywhere except right next to the basket. That pretty much explains why he has a better shooting percentage than duncan.

Duncan shot chart (go over to shot zones)
    http://vorped.com/bball/index.php/player/shotchart/1131-Tim-Duncan/season/2012-2013-REG

Duncan has the ability to hit the jumper and shoot from different places on the floor, which immediately makes him a better offensive player and option than dwight.

Re-howard pulled in over 2 rebounds per game: You have to take into account that Duncan played 6 fewer minutes per game in the regular season, which explains the rebounding disparity. you also said that Duncan doesn't have as much defensive ability as howard. Yet, he got more blocks per game in fewer minutes. Also in the playoffs, Dwight's minutes were significantly reduced and this could happen in this series as well, due to the fact that he can't hit a free throw to save his life.

All of these things lead me to say that Duncan is better than Howard. However, I agree that Jamison is not a sufficient backup to Duncan, which is the main reason I voted for you. When Duncan is out, it would be tough because no one outside of Faried could even contest for a rebound.

4. RedNation

I'm so confused :confused::confused::confused:

#1704 RedNation, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  5. jvu

jvu Member

Thats when you don't know you've already lost... every time i think that i have the best team I lose too. Draft voting is crazy and interesting.

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

I was using my Dad's computer. Forgot he was logged in. LOL!

7. jvu

jvu Member

Thanks bud! You are awesome!!

1 person likes this.
  8. LCAhmed

Happy Birthday

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

jvu you didn't vote, right? time for you to vote. otherwise this round might last forever :p

10. RedNation

happy belated birthday.

NOW VOTE :)

Or Lcahmed, please

Jmcballer

Pg Ricky Rubio/Mo Williams
    Sg Klay Thompson/
    Sf Tayshaun Prince/Corey Brewer
    Pf Kenneth Fareid/Antwan Jamison
    C Tim Duncan

VS

Spooner

PG Goran Dragic/Jarrett Jack
    SG Vince Carter
    SF Danilo Gallinari/Caron Butler
    PF Serge Ibaka
    C Dwight Howard/Enes Kanter

11. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Let's get this over with even this was way to hard to judge. I choose spooner. His backcourt shooting does it for me even though Duncan will abuse anyone of spooner bigs. Or he could take Dwight out of the paint, but i don't see Rubio taking advantage of that with his measly 36% field goal percentage and Ibaka still in the paint. For Jmc to win this, Rubio has to play Tony Parker good even though he was hurt most of the time, Prince has to hit most of his 3s and Faried would have to hustle till his body can't move to get those boards, put backs, and alleys. Basically play out of their minds.

12. LCAhmed

Spooner. No time for explanations

13. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Beat ya to it breh.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

BAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERN

[​IMG]

15. RedNation

wrong forum breh

Congrats nevertheless ;)

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

There's no wrong forum for this breh!!!

1 person likes this.
  17. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Whatever I've never won one but I will not mess up this next draft

#1717 Jmcballer88, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013
  18. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

I thought i made it clear that I was comparing starters there.

I've already voted for your team -- because of Duncan's backups --a long time ago. I think it was the first vote you got. :p So you don't really have to tell me 20 times that Duncan plays less minutes or your bench is better. That's exactly what I said when I explained my vote back then.

My point is that I think the starters would be evenly matched. You said they aren't, and I explained why I think they are.

Anyway, re Dwight:

I don't agree at all that Howard has been a 'consistent defensive player' this year. Really? He looked much better towards the end of the year, but overall it was a subpar and inconsistent year for Dwight. Otherwise i would've drafted him at no.2, hehe.
    However, I do think that Dwight is still a better defensive player overall this year than Duncan. But this isn't consistent prime defensive Dwight.

Duncan is better than Dwight this year because he's a much better offensive player. Range, passing, turnovers, post game, end of game free throws. It's not really comparable.
    That FG% comparison doesn't say much. Nearly half of Dwight's possessions end up with turnovers or at the line, and he makes less than half of his free throws. In the end, their scoring efficiency is quite close, with Duncan being so much better at not turning the ball over, passing, creating in the post, handle, range.

The only reason I might not draft Duncan over Dwight = Duncan's minutes. If they could play similar minutes, Duncan would be an easy pick. But that's a whole different issue. We are talking about how starters play starters here.

Re Rubio, he's a considerably better defender than Dragic. I wouldn't call him elite this year since he started slowed after the injuries. But he's very good. I don't think that Dragic vs. Rubio passing ability is really debatable? He averaged more assists than Dragic per 36 minutes, and he did it on a team where Pekovic/Kirilenko both have little range, and there are no good 3pt shooters. Rubio's assist numbers would go way up and the number of shots he ends up taking would decrease if he was even on an average shooting team like the Pacers for example.
    Anyway, this isn't one-sided. I prefer Rubio as an overall player but I could see myself drafting Dragic based on my team's needs.

Re the other stuff - shooting ability is nice but there's more to a team's offense. They may not have the perfect spacing but it's adequate -- it's much better than for example most of the Denver's Andre Miller lineups which are pretty effective on offense.
    These guys may not shoot as well as your team but their quality of looks will be better. This is a much better passing team, Duncan, Rubio and Prince are all brilliant for their positions. Klay is great at moving off screens. And Faried just moves all the time. This team will move, set screens, play very hard and pass very well.

You can't just say "i have Dwight AND Ibaka on Duncan" because by the time you finish saying that you will have Faried finishing a lob.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

congrats! good game, at least the 2nd half.

20. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

ok, randomizing

Yung-T vs. RedNation 2:4
    Horry33 vs. Jamers 4:1
    Jmc vs. Spooner 3:4
    latebloomer