1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-Time Draft 2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YourSecretLover, Feb 12, 2014.

1. jvu

jvu Member

Even though Horry voted against me.. I think Horry team wins here because he has dennis rodman he picked up from free agency.. :grin:

jk jk Good team

2. jvu

jvu Member

jvu 2:1 oelman
    Horry 3:0 vbg

3. jvu

jvu Member

also a reminder don't forget to rep! Lets end these series already and start another if y'all are interested! I will rep if you vote for or against me doesn't matter hope y'all all do the same to especially finish this draft!!

1 person likes this.
  4. VBG

VBG Member

uhhh, I'm pretty sure I have at least one vote.

5. jvu

jvu Member

You're right. I got you.

Jvu 2:1 Oelman
    HOrry 2:1 VBG

6. Jamers

Jamers Member

i vote vbg because he's cool dude and Oelman because he rarely win and i don't want him to lose

7. VBG

VBG Member

Vote oelman

It's a close match but I'm going with the team with Michael Jordan. Paul George really doesn't belong on the floor here. I think the defensive dominance from Donatas will be slightly superior to jvu's team. On the other hand, jvu has a better bench. Garnett off the bench is insane.

8. VBG

VBG Member

Honestly, in the end it was a gut vote. I don't like Paul George much and there's no one else to really play guard. Payton/Hardaway/Jordan lineups can be used to. That was the main limiting factor there.

But I think Oelman can just straight up get stops here. I think Duncan and Dwight combined can slow down Dirk just enough.

9. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

Vote Horry and I'll stay out of next draft :)

10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Votin for oelman, he really is superior defensively and I feel the Parker-Payton/Tim, Allen-Jordan matchups would give jvu serious problems on defense and offense. VBG has great defensive players all around and can slow this down. Payton+Jordan is a monster backcourt, so is the Duncan+Malone big duo. This team just seems more versatile.

Don't know yet about the vbg-horry matchup, will vote later on that one.

11. Horry33

I don't think Manu is good enough to start in an alltime draft. He doesn't even start for the spurs. Prime rodman was a defensive stud at multiple positions and I have his point guard from Detroit to keep him in check

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Votin for horry in the 2nd matchup. Don't like the Manu-Erving defense and horry has absolute beasts for every position. Thomas-West-Bird is a sick guard/wing combo. Pairin that with Shaq and Kareem twin towers is beastly.

13. VBG

VBG Member

At least have a better argument than he didn't start for the Spurs. Because he was the closer for those Spurs teams.

I'm surprised people think the Shaq - Kareem thing would work seamlessly. But horry does have a beastly team.

14. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Tbh that is exactly why i voted for you vbg. You can't just throw two bigs together like this in today's nba. Maybe if you had two very versatile and floor spacing bigs.

Hakeem/Robinson gives you the defense to defend it if it does work but also lets you run TT much more effectively because of the better spacing it provides than shaq/kareem

15. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't think Shaq+Kareem would work in perfect fashion, but the advantage it gives on defense is sick. Your twin towers would work great on both ends, but feel like his advantage regarding sg and sf is too big in this matchup.

16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think your following position matchup too closely. Lebron is still the sf, and tbh will give major fits to bird and i doubt bird matches with lebrons physicality. Thus dr.j would match up defensively with west. Than your throwing manu on Isaiah. That seems pretty Dang even, with a slight advantage to horry in talent.

But the fit and overall scheme for vbg is much better executed on offense and the defense is very close as well.

Horry absolutely lacks a backup wing 2 or 3. Which means west and bird HAVE to play 48 so you better not get into foul trouble. Which could lead to being more conservative defensively. Not too mention sooner or later those minutes take a toll and they just can't be 100% the full game.

You'll end up having players spent on energy and conserving it on defense, ala James harden.

#1396 BigMaloe, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  17. VBG

VBG Member

That's fair. He has a sick team. I don't really know how his perimeter with Isaiah and West and Bird would do against Manu, Dr. J and Lebron. They give up a ton of size at two positions and some athleticism.

Feel like I could get some easy buckets against his team in transition. OH well.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    Yea, those all-time matchups are a b..ch to judge, especially now with picking the best guy from the team you won against in prior rounds. And yes, you'd be really good in transition, but feel like he could slow down the game enough with his line-up.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

so did I win?

20. Horry33

I think we both did