1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nashville

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Downtown Sniper, Jan 16, 2023.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I couldn't really find another applicable thread to lump this question into - but is anywhere from Nashville / knows people who are / or has spend a decent amount of time there to make comment?

I'm looking to head there for three nights, and Tue/Wed/Thur is significantly cheaper than Thur/Fri/Sat, naturally.

My question is, is the weeknight 'night life' in Nashville still decent? I'm thinking hole in the walls or places that have a beer garden/somewhere that has some live music (small scale - not talking about an actual concert)

I'm going to be meeting up with someone whilst there, so it's not as if I'm looking for a target rich environment of single ladies, but on the flip side don't really want my experience of Nashville to be reminiscing on us being the only two people out for a drink each night.

Additionally, is 'Downtown' the place to be looking to stay? Or are other suburbs better suited? (intention of being able to walk from wherever we're at, back to the Airbnb/hotel instead of needing to get an Uber)

If anyone has any recommendations for places to eat, or go drink, or day time activities in/around the Nasvhille area (up to an hour or so drive away) it would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: To add, I will be there in mid-March.

#1 Downtown Sniper, Jan 16, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2023
    tinman likes this.
  2. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I live an hour south of Nashville and go there all the time; however, I don’t go there at night but I can tell you a couple of things:

Two really good places to eat are Peg Leg Porker (for bbq and ribs) and ML Rose for burgers. There are a lot of places near Ryman Auditorium that play live music. Near Vanderbilt is a great replica of the Parthenon. Another thing you can do at night is go to the Opryland Hotel or you can catch a Predators hockey game at the Bridgestone arena.

tinman likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven’t been in Nashville in a long time but I remember the Vanderbilt area was really nice

4. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Nashville is like bachelorette party central….although probably more on weekends. You won’t have any trouble finding nightlife.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

When you settle down after they trap you, the Titans are getting a new stadium, but it will probably be cookie cutter. The city is modern and on a first rate track, so you won't be missing anything a bigger city would provide. Should be an easy transition.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I’m in between Nashville and spend a lot of time there / own a place there. To answer your first question, a weeknight in nashville is like a weekend in another major city on steroids, but the winter is a bit of an exception as people tend to stay indoors more.

I’ve partied in NO/austin etc in my 20s…and they do not come close to Broadway on a weeekend. Hell even on a random weekday it’s insane. That being said I don’t mean that in a good way, it’s one of the trashiest , ratchety places you can go. I had a condo downtown and never got any sleep. My first day moving in, the doorman pointed to a ripped off pony tail to claim how crazy the night prior was…only to find another ripped off pony tail a couple of yards away. Locals don’t live there, so if you’re coming for the weekend (as is 90% of downtown) than stay there at your hearts desire.

I drove down the other day and noted it wasn’t as packed, probably because of it being cold though so it’s been pretty tame by nash standards. The summer is when you’ll see the above.

lots of musical talent here. Tons of shows to goto. 70% of the above 90% is composed of bachelorettes that you’ll notice are all the same. A group of 6-7 girls not fond of one another with 1-2 girls thinking they’re way prettier than the rest , all of them chasing dick (especially the soon to be bride). If you can’t get laid here I don’t think you can get laid anywhere. Locals stay in midtown, east Nashville which are more hipstery places quiet/away from tourists.

Lastly the food is the worst. I’m not spoiled with houston food because I’ve lived elsewhere, but the majority of the dishes are borderline inedible as the hopes are you’re too drunk to notice.

#6 LosPollosHermanos, Jan 23, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2023
    tinman and Xerobull like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

What is it with chicks who like ‘country’? They’ve always been the easiest. My batting average at C&W places was much, much better than at a regular bar or club. And I didn’t even like pop-country, wear wranglers or cowboy boots. It’s like they decide to go when they’re in heat.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh dude, I love Broadway back when the 99ers were a little younger