1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My probable and alternative All-NBA Teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cheshire, Mar 12, 2001.

1. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

With the season drawing to a close in a couple of weeks I thought I'd put in my choices for the probable and alternative All-NBA Teams now.

The likely All-NBA Team b/c they're all the front-runners for MVP honors are:

Webber
    Duncan
    O'neal
    Bryant
    Iverson

The only consolation is that there is no another Karl Malone life-time achievement appearance. I mean no disrespect to him but he knows or should know by now that when he got those MVP awards he was just keeping it warm for the One who really owned it. MVPs never give away championship rings.

So here are my alternate with nicknames choices:

Nowitzkrieg aka D. Nowitzki
    Matrix aka S. Marion
    The Admiral aka D. Robinson
    He's got Game aka Ray Allen
    Chise aka S. Francis

Honourable mentions:

Slice n Dice aka A. McDyess
    The Flying V-Saucer aka V. Carter
    Dream aka Dream
    Kit Kat aka C. Mobley
    Hawkeye aka J. Terry

Many would question the choice of Dream's favourite whipping boy, Robinson, as my center. Statistically he can't match up with Shaq but for some1 on the wrong side of thirty he has surprised me with his valuable contribution to the Spurs' title aspirations. On this team he doesn't have to score a lot just body up, rebound and intimidate the opposing center.

There's no way I'm taking Mutombo. Ratliff was the front-runner but then he got injured big-time. Don't tell me, any of you considers Brian Grant as a center. He's not!
    Then again Ratliff is also not a center but at least he blocks and alters shots like one. Dream gets a mention for his unexpected strong play of late.

Allen edges out Kit Kat for one simple reason. He's the more polished player between the two. You all know how Clutch repeatedly (and constructively?) criticized Kit Kat in several games when he made some "bone-headed" plays. This dents his rep in my eyes a little bit.

I mean you never hear Clutch speak of Allen making "bone-headed" plays. It's beside the point that Allen is not a Rocket.  Otherwise he might feel the heat too.

Matrix reminds me of a smaller Antonio McDyess but with the greater upside. Damn if we have him we won't need a C. WEB. He's so good he's scary like Chise when he goes up for those invisible step-ladder oops with Shandon or Cat. It makes u wonder how Rudy missed out on such a gem in the draft. I would have pulled a multi-player trade for this fellow similar to the way we got Chise.

Chise speaks for himself except for his tendency to turn the ball over. He's near 3-double against the Clippers was marred by 7 turnovers! Otherwise us Rocket fans will be treated to years of artistry and elegance in motion as he matures as the best point G in the league. He also rebounds like a forward. Damn! So much talent and upside yet unrealized!

Next thing you know he'll eat spinach, grow a couple inches and decide to become the team's starting center. Dream then better watch out! 

With so much quality PFs out west, it was tough! I mean you could put all their names in a hat and you'd be satisfied whomever you picked up unless it was Karl Malone. Nowitzki gets the nod because I never thought he would become this good and the thing is he's still warming up to what he can do.

BTW it makes me wonder a little bit what might have been if and only if we picked up McDyess instead of the one who will go nameless. One season with two stud PFs is worth it when you know later on that one of them will be retiring while the other will be in the prime of his life.

Then instead of worrying about every morsel of gospel coming from C. Web's mouth we'd be play-off bound by now and with the Big $$$ available when Hakeem comes off contract we can get ourselves a legit SF, legit C and re-sign everybody. Now everybody will judge the Rockets on their ability to get C. Web. Anything else will be deemed failure. Play-offs or not this season will be all about C. Web.

Never has one quality big man been so necessary to the Rockets' quest for the title. Out West everybody is BIG! Don't you wish Hakeem was 7-8 years younger!!! With all the rule changes, Hakeem would have dropped forty every night. He could take turns with Chise and Kit Kat for set plays. Post-up…Iso…Post-up…Iso… [​IMG] Then all those complaining that the Rocks have no variety can zip it.

BTW Kidd and Payton were not in my considerations b/c

a) no one should beat up his wife
    b) no one should get a coach fired (no one player should be above the coach just as the coach is never above his players)

------------------
    "The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till the other is ready." -HDT