1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My opinion of Sura

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kmart9419, Mar 8, 2005.

1. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Sura might not be our main guy, but I think he's our most important guy. What he brings to the team is leadership. After watching him for a while, I came to the conclusion that Sura wants to win. He does not care about being popular. Sura gets into the face of Yao and McGrady when they are not performing to their level. There's a couple of quotes from the chronicles saying that he's constanting pushing our 2 superstars to perform like superstars.
    Unfortunately, our 2 superstars lack leadership. The best defense against Yao is Yao himself. Yao cares so much about making everybody else happy and that comes at a cost to the team. McGrady is quiet and does not say much. To have somebody who is not the best player on the team leading 2 superstars take alot of guts.
    Sura is a warrior and also lead by example. Playing through tremendous amount of injury.
    I pray he stays healthy enough until we win the finals. =)

2. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

I totally agree. he brings a fire to the game most guys lack. I love it when he slams the ball to the floor in disgust after a questionable call. Nothing that will get him t-ed up (although it's happened before) but enough to show everyone he's ticked.

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

I honestly believe that he is the "heart and soul" of the team like a Mario Ellie. Mutombo and Barry are also difference makers. Even Padgett can come in and change things. Sura is key, he makes the Rockets "click."

4. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

He's a lot better than i thought he was before he came to the Rox. He had a pretty good last half of the season last year, but prior to that he didn't really show much. Now I love the guy. He brings a attitude...no one on the team really has attitude. the only guy who had it last year was Cato.

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

can't wait till the SUNS game when we get him back!

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

I love Sura as much as anybody here, and has been ecstatic about his play on the team. But it's becoming annoying the way people praise him as "our MVP" or "most important player", etc. That is a huge slap in the face for Yao and T-Mac. Both of whom are MUCH more important to the the success of this team than Sura.

Sura is a great fit as a role player on this team. I think the comparison to Elie is apt. And they are similar in many ways in terms of the way they play. But that's really all that Sura is. An excellent role player for our particular team.

7. rvpals

rvpals Member

Couldn't say it better myself. Sura is great guy to have on your team, we all know who are the franchise players.

8. ikfit

ikfit Member

Yes, he is the key.

Hope he can play all the time.

9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wish Sura was black. The "great white hope" factor gives me the creeps.

Sura's not a really smart player. Not a really good defender. He does play aggressive. As we look to the future, I think I'd prefer to have that aggressive sparkplug at the 4, when Bobby's knees cave-in. It's ok, he's good for the team now. He's just not God or anything. Geesh.
    He's Bob frickin' Sura, journeyman roleplayer, who's bounced around (in part) because he plays a little out-of-control, and gets injured a lot.

I like that we have James and Sura. It's good to be able to pull one of those guys for a blow, every now and then.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I guess you don't remember the Jim Jackson dick-sucking that used to prevail 'round here. You could apply pretty much all your criticisms to him, as well. Rocketmania knows no race.

;)

11. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

He IS the "Power" in the "White Boy Power Squad" :D

WTF?? :eek: I hope your a white guy saying this otherwise this just reaks of racism...if a white guy said this in reverse about a black player freakin' Jessie Jackson himself would be posting on this GARM

#11 OddsOn, Mar 8, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  12. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Cato :confused:
    Cato might not be happy, but an attitude? A guy with his body should be dominating (a la J. O'Neal or B. Wallace). IMO Cato never played with a lot of heart. IIRC, didn't Barkley go off on him about his pager going off during practices and in the locker room? I don't think basketball is or ever will be Cato's top priority.

13. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

It's ok, Bob is white. Sit down.

:p ;)

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Oh PLEASE!!! Can't we all just get along? Please keep Famous Jesse out of this discussion. Seriously though, I always thought that Shawn Bradley was the "Great White Hope"...or was that "Great White Dope"? (or maybe both!)