1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Homemade Rockets Commercial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FranchiseCat, Aug 31, 2001.

1. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

I have been video taping my own Rockets commercial. I am going to send it in to see if they will use it. I made a hilarious one, where you hear in the background that the Rockets are in the playoffs (used old tape for that) and you see me completely covered in Rockets garb (cap, bandana, T-shirt, pants, boxers, jacket, socks and Reebok Wink shoes) for good luck. Then in the background you hear the Mrs. in the background saying "remember our bet, each quarter the Rockets are down you have to strip an article of clothing and if the Rockets lose you have to streak in the front yard wearing nothing by a Rockets bumper sticker." In which I reply "yeah right, like the Rockets are going to lose."
    - Cut Scene -
    Announcer..."Rockets down in the first quarter by 10"....Jacket and cap gets thrown across the room. Wife smiling.
    - Cut Scene 2 -
    Announcer..."Rockets down in first half by 9"....Shirt and bandana gets tossed. Wife biting lip.
    - Cut Scene 3 -
    Announcer...."Rockets are in trouble down by 9 at the end of the third."....Pants and shoes kicked in the corner. Wife with clinched fist (in anticipation) saying "ooh yeah...."
    - Cut Scene 4 -
    Announcer...."Rockets on life support, down by 3 with 8 seconds left. Opposition on offense. It's almost over." I look at my wife and let out a shrill...."let's get this over with!" Rocket Boxers comes off and bumper sticker goes on.
    - Cut Scene 5; Door Flings Open -
    As I take my first couple of steps out the front door with neighbors looking on, you hear...."Francis steals ball runs upcourt, pulls up for a 3.....Y-e-s-s-s-s! Plus the foul." I make a mad dash for the front door to have it shut and locked as I get there, hearing the announcer say "Francis hits the F/T, the Rockets win! The Rockets win!"
    - Final Cut Scene -
    You see an elderly lady walking by looking at me naked. While looking me up and down, she says...."Rockets Fan, huh? Nice."

Anyway, that is my commercial. It is much harder to put together than what I anticipated, but it is coming along. The funniest part was getting my grandmother's next door neighbor to play the part of the old, silver-haired lady. It took some convincing because she thought I was really going to be naked.

It looks like total crap, because I just used my camcorder and you can tell the editing was done by someone (me) who doesn't know jack about doing this kind of stuff. But you get the idea of what the commerical is about. Who knows, maybe the Rockets organization will pick it up and give me some free season tickets for the idea.

How does it sound to guys (gals) out there in BBS land?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You mean to tell me you made a one-sided bet where only you could lose.

I like it!

3. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

Crispee:

It was more of a bet about my unshakable faith in the Rockets to
    win. Hence, the "yeah, right. Like the Rockets will lose." line.
    Do you think the Rocket organization would consider it? I am looking for some constructive feedback.

4. haven

haven Member

I think it's a clever idea. Very creative.

Perhaps you should, rather than focus on creating the video yourself, send them some sort of letter detailing your proposal. That way they can see the clever script and neat idea, rather than the poor editing.

Although maybe they'd like a fan-created amateur video... I can see that having its appeal, too.

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wasn't there an employee of the Rockets PR department that posted on this BBS a while back? Maybe he, or someone who knows him, could let you know what might be best, or if the idea is feasible at all.

I love the commercial, by the way. :)

6. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

Haven:

Thanks for encouragement and the advice. I was thinking I could put together a written presentation along with the copy of the video to create a more well-rounded proposal. Do you think I should go for cash or season tickets? Either way, I am happy.

7. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member