1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My great adventure Monday night 3/10

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABtheTerrorist, Mar 12, 2008.

1. ABtheTerrorist

I bought tickets to the Nets game on Monday, March 10th. It was college night so tickets were cheaper as many of you know. I had some friends down from College Station because A&M is on spring break this week.
    I bought 5 tickets through the 713-627-DUNK .
    i went to will call early to pick up the tickets and get the free hats which was the giveaway for the game.

They lost my tickets.There was some error they made.Every window i went to,they just looked at me weird.I called the number,got a hold of the guy that sold me the tickets.He came downstairs to meet me in the box office.

He was in a suit.I knew something was wrong. He said they lost my tickets and they have tried everything they could do to get us in the game.He said they tried to put us in a lower level, get us courtside,and even in a suite! But everything was sold out.

So he said he will not charge us for this game of course and will give us free tickets for fridays game vs the Bobcats.

I was a bit disappointed.So I asked for sundays game vs the Lakers.He said he will do what he can.And he gave us the free hats we wanted.

The next day i found that the Lakers game was already sold out so i settled for the Bobcats.

All in all it worked out.It's no big deal.Things like that happen.
    The BIGGEST thing is:
    I'm wondering if you guys who were w/ DD ruined my chance of getting a suite for the night for a mere 5 ticket price of the upper deck. That would have been incredible.And maybe I would have been the one sitting courtside instead of you.

Ah well. I know you guys had fun.Things happen and better things almost happened.

But just know this: If I was in that suite w/ just 4 other friends, and I know you were on clutchcity.net....... then I would have welcomed you in and we would party as if we were at a Rockets game winning out 19th in a row.

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

This is just wrong on so many levels, not the least of which is the fact that you are insinuating it is the fault of other fans that you didn't get into the game. Ridiculous.

You got a raw deal but don't blame it on other innocent people.

#2 BrooksBall, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The suite between the Dell one and the CF.net one was empty I think....Suite 316.

DD

4. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

I highly doubt an arena that big came down to a few Clutchfans and DD. LOL Was the game even sold out?

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

so was about 2-3 others.

again, that is WRONG of you to the thread starter accusing others because you didn't get in. in the end, the rep your worked with, downright lied....

also, DD got his tixs through his job, its not like he found a ticket off the floor and was magically in a suite, everybody in our suite threw down the $125 to get the suite, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were the only suite that wasn't company owned or sponsored.

6. xcamm1

xcamm1 Member

Call me skeptical but I worked at MMP as well as Toyota a couple center a couple years ago and I KNOW they always keep back extra tickets for stuff like that. I Worked a World Series Game in the Box office and we had extra tickets on Stand by incase something were to happen. My point is There were seats, you just wern't getting them. I can promise that. Same goes to the Lakers game. Who ever you were talking to is lying.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Just because the suite is empty doesn't mean it hasn't been rented out already but not used that night. Some companies have reserved a suite for the whole season.

What a whinefest at the end of the original post. Like those people in the suite knew you were outside the TC getting shafted and having a big laugh about it.

8. Dave2000

true, but the one next to us that DD mentioned, was just empty, we were literally going to hop over and sit in the seats. If a company rents one out, the arena should know in advance if its being used or not, since they would have to know in advance with the catering and stuff.

9. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Umm...how is that our fault? We ruined your chance? No one that sat in the CF suite knows you or knew you had trouble with your tickets.

And DD was in a suite with corporate people and got the courtside ticket from a client. They don't just give away courtside seats for nothing. Just be happy for the guy and quit whining.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

HAHA!

I was eating cashews in the suite while you were watching on TV.

hilarious.

11. Dave2000

12. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

sounds more like your crappy adventure Monday night 3/10 to me

But seriously, why blame posters here? It's certainly not their fault you couldn't talk your way into the game. Believe me if I were you I would have found the right person to get me in that game and an extra one for the cluster**** problem that was caused by someone's mistake.

13. Precision340

Precision340 Member

sorry to hear that bro.. but what Dave said was true.. your rep screwed you big time!

14. DaDakota

Yes, you are correct, it probably just went unused, because it was a Monday night game and rainy......

The rep should or could have done a better job....I mean was the game even sold out?

DD

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

That could just mean that the company who has that suite just didn't used it that night, called in ahead of time to the Rockets and say no go that night.

Cashews? I would have bragged about scarfing down on filet mignon and the RPDs giving me lapdances. That's what goes on in the suites, right? ;)

16. DaDakota

Oh, man, was I in the wrong suite.

;)

According to the Suiteman rule number 7553291, you can not have an adventure thread without pics.

This thread is worthless without pics.

;)

DD

#16 DaDakota, Mar 12, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

We are not allowed to talk about that...

Atleast I'm not.

18. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

they reported it as as sell out.

19. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Speaking of raw deals, why don't you explain to us our chances of making the playoffs. ;)

20. ABtheTerrorist

Whoa Whoa WHOA!!
    I started this thread because i thought it was a funny story my fellow clutchfans could enjoy. Not to bash anybody. I didn't mean to sound whiny. Stuff like this happens. I just thought it was somewhat ironic and coincidental that it happened on the same day a bunch of guys from here met up and apparently had an incredible time.

Again.Funny story.Not me venting.I will warn you ahead of time before i do that.

I do not know the legistics of everything. I do not and have never worked for the sales department for the Rockets though I think it could be a sweet job.
    Maybe I could have got in.The most important thing here is that I got the free tickets for their goof up.I am NOT mad or anything like that.I apologize if i ticked any of you off.

This was just supposed to be a funny story.