1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My God, Kobe is spanking Pierce

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DreamMachine34, Nov 7, 2002.

Tags:
  1. DreamMachine34

With Vince gone (for now), I was thinking Paul Pierce would elevate his game to the status of Kobe and T-Mac. Well so far in the third quarter, Kobe is eating him alive. I mean really handing him his... to a point Pierce is afraid to shoot. But there's one quarter left. I like Pierce and Kobe alot. Hopefully it'll be interesting for Pierce soon.

2. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Pierce is so overrated.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Dont talk too soon, they are having a shootout between the 2.

4. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Umm, Bryant has taken 20 more shots than Pierce! Paul (so far) has shot 10-24, while Bryant has shot 15-44!!

And you guys think Steve shots to much....

EDIT: Out of the time-out Pierce nails a huge three!! Boston up 3 (in overtime) with just over a minute left.

#4 Chuck04, Nov 7, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2002
  5. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Lakers lose.

Mark Cuban said it today on Rome: The Lakers wouldn't even make the playoffs without Shaq.

It's hard to disagree with that statement.

6. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Kobe puts up more than 1 shot a minute (47 shots, in 46 minutes) and makes just over 36% of them. Oh man, must suck to be a Laker fan at the moment.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No wonder Kobe worked out this summer. Any other human being's arm would've fallen off taking 47 shots in one game... that's disgusting!

8. mav3434

mav3434 Member

As you may have read over in the rockets forum, Kobe is a 2 guard. 2 guards are allowed to shoot as much as they possibly can, unless their first name is Cuttino or their last name is Mobley, in which case they must be content to become Instant vinnie johnson offense and play off the bench. Point guards are not allowed to shoot as the first option, however, even if they shoot over 50% in which case they must becom shooting guards.

9. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Oops, my bad. Kobe your first name isn't Cuttino so you just go ahead and keep shooting. While you're at it, don't let anyone else shot. Take every shot in the next game.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I'd have to agree.

That is freaking ridiculous.

I guess even the 2nd best player in the league(according to some) can't elevate the Laker scrub players to being a mediocre team. Even against Eastern crap-ass teams.

11. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Kobe is so overated.

12. mav3434

mav3434 Member

That's the spirit, now you've got the hang of it. Imagine if Kobe's first name was Steve and his last name was francis. Then he would be even more entitled to take as many shots as possible....as long as moochie or jamal crawford were feeding him the ball off the back pick. ;)

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I bet Iverson is burning with jealousy. 47 freakin shots?!?!?! That has to be some kind of a record. I mean I could score at least 20 pts if I took 47 freakin shots in an NBA game.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's like saying the Mavs wouldn't make the playoffs without Cuban's fat checkbook. Duh...

I thought Kobe got the better of Pierce for awhile, but Pierce hit the game winning 3 that sealed it. Plus Kobe made some goofs in their last 2 posessions.

I still love that arrogant punk, but it sucks the Lakers lost to the Celtics...

15. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

"There's never a reason to take 47 shots" - Charles Barkley on the TNT wrap up during the Pistons-Nuggets half time.

16. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

No you couldnt...

17. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Back-pick, schmack-pick. Just go the ISO. It works so well most of the time. Well, some of the time. Occassionally?

18. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

LOL.
    :D

19. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

47 FG attempts and just 7 FT attempts. Wow. Why settle so much on the jumper Kobe? I mean my god.

20. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I have long maintained that Kobe is vastly overrated, or at least the assumption that he has proven himself to be on a level above McGrady, Carter, and Iverson is ludicrous, given that he has never had to do what they have each done for an extended period of time: carry a team. He is a remarkably talented player, and might very well be as good or better than the above mentioned guys, but until he faces the night in night out grind of going up against teams whose defenses are designed to stop you, and you alone, and carry those teams like the others have, he hasn't proven himself to even be as good as them, IMO. Only the amazingly talented Olajuwon was able to win a ring without a supporting player who was among the best in the game in the last 30 years, and Kobe is now getting a little taste of what VC, T-Mac and the Answer have been facing for at least a couple of years now...Unfortunately, Kobe's 7-1 330 lb 'killer instinct' will be back soon, and he will be able to go back to beating single coverage or exploitng the double-teams Shaq gets, and everyone will marvel at him again...as if Carter or McGrady couldn't do the same in the same situation...

P.S. The man took 47 shots and 7 free throws, and managed only 41 points...That is awful, in so many ways.