1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My day of Paradise

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Nov 18, 2003.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

So I finally was able to get tickets to see my Oakland Raiders in person for the first time. I am a huge NFL fan, and this was my first NFL game. Stayed in San Francisco the night before the game, b*stard city... 23 bucks for hotel parking, and then they made me put a 50 dollar deposit down on the hotel room.

Oakland on the other hand was much better, as soon as I neared the stadium you could feel the pure insanity in the air. The Net was packed nearly full, we had nice seats in the middle corner section.

Cheering at this game was no easy task, after 3 and a half hours I was pretty freaking tired and I had lost my voice from yelling. The Raiders actually won the game, so there were many happy moments and high-five exchanges with the intoxicated bunch sitting in front of us. I think the loudest cheer was when they announced the Chiefs had Lost to the Bengals. The Black Hole was roudy as usual, a lot of the players go and slap the hands of everyone in the Black Hole before the game starts. I felt proud to be sporting my #24 jersey after Charles Woodson turned the NFL's #1 WR Randy Moss into a non-factor for the duration of the game.

The experience was simply awesome, the roar of the crowd, actually seeing my team play in person, and even better seeing them win the game. The attitude and dedication of the fans to give it their all... even if the team sucks this year. I couldn't have picked a better game to attend. The game solidified my belief in my team, and I will support the lousy bunch of old-asses until the bitter end.

2. GreenVegan76

GreenVegan76 Contributing Member

Dude, that's AWESOME. I hear watching an Oakland Raiders home game is like no other NFL experience.

I'd love to visit San Francisco, but $23 for parking?! That's freaking crazy.

3. Preston27

Preston27 Contributing Member

Is ignoring a poster because he's a Raiders fan reasonable?

Just kidding Moe, glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm a Chiefs fan, though, so I'll be cheering the Chiefs to victory next week over the Faders....Raiders I mean.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Hey, moe: did you dress "appropriately?" Any costuming? Face painting? Tongue splitting? :D

5. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Somebody's gotta feel this.

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Awesome. Theres nothing like seeing your favorite team in person.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was thinking of trying to get tickets for when the Pack play out there close to Xmas. Then I realized that I probably don't want to wear my tattered Favre jersey anywhere near that place.

8. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

That's awesome Moe, glad you had a good time. Helluva game, too.

9. The Voice of Reason

I actually hears that Arrowhead is the best venue to see a team in. And not just because they are winning alot this year.

Its a sea of red, and is consistantly the loudest arena in sports.

I would also like to see a game in the Big House of Michigan
    for no other reason than see 110,000 crazy arse mo fos

and the craziest ever.... May Day stadium(I think) in Korea during the world cup with Korea winning

a dude set himself on fire outside the stadium hoping his ghost would play like the 12th man on the field.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Haha, Nah just the Woodson jersey and an 2002 AFC Champions beanie for me. I really didn't see too many people dressed really crazy from where I was.

RM95 - There were quite a few Viking fans there, and the Packers I am sure will have even more fans there for the MNF game, as long as you survive the Parking lot and don't sit right in the black hole, I doubt you would take too much riff. :)

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Were talking North Korea here, I think.

12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I've never been there, but I've heard that even though there are 110,000 at the stadium, it is strangely not as loud as most other big program college football stadiums.

I don't really know, but its just what I've heard from people that have been there.

13. haven

haven Member

Cool.

I love the atmosphere at college football games, but my pro football experiences have been lame. Went to see the Oilers a few times, and the crowd sucked, at least in comparison to college football. Haven't seen the Texans, so maybe it's improved.

14. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

The Oilers-Steerlers monday nighter and the Montana playoff game that same year were live in the dome even though the outcome of the 2nd one sucked. I think if Oiler crowds got lame it was after Bud became the egotistical "Butt" Adams.

Also, Cowboy games rock--much better energy and fan support than your average Tex-Ex Austin crowd, I have to admit.

15. Nomar

Nomar Member

I've been to Oiler games way back when, I was little, but I don't think there was much energy.

I went to a Texans game, and it was great.

I would LOVE to go to a Niners game in SanFran. That would be the bomb.

16. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

moe

Glad you got to enjoy one of our few victories this season. I have never been to a Oakland home game, but it looks like fun.