1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

AKdaDawg likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

can’t wait until Tuesday...in just a few days, Harden can officially end this thing which should be a wrap right now anyways, then people can stop pretending that Giannis actually has a case over Harden

D-rock, Handles, s3ts and 5 others like this.
  3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

The Bucks have had the same team from the get go, while the Rockets had to reassemble half the roster with new players as the season progressed. Plus, significant injuries to the second and third most important players in CP3 and Capela really skewed our record. Without Harden's heroics this year, this Rockets team would be lottery bound.

D-rock, Handles, s3ts and 1 other person like this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Harden didn't have the floater in his bag the first meeting. That crap they tried the first meeting is not going to work this time.

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Whenever the Rockets go full out with their MVP package for Harden, the people who vote always laugh and say Morey tries too hard. They say this knowing other teams do the exact same thing for their candidate. There is no winning.

Good thing Tilman is broke, (I'm assuming) he won't put in as much effort this year to get dunked on by the voters.

#307 DreamShook, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    BigShasta, Handles and snowconeman22 like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I don’t think I’d ever seen a team guard 1 player like that all game long, and even then, he still dropped 42

I’ve got dreams of Harden dropping 50 on Milwaukee’s head in a Rockets win to put Giannis to bed...Coach Bud is the real MVP for Milwaukee...if they didn’t get him, I’d bet money they’d be like 6th in the East...give Harden any coach or any roster and he’ll squeeze out 50 wins or more

9. mikol13

Supporting Member

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I think Giannis going to win because he’s a media darling and is on the best team in the league...but it is encouraging to know that Harden’s season is the one people will remember. Not Giannis’.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Milwaukee isnt the best team in the league

Houstunna likes this.
  13. plates300

plates300 Member

Giannis is an incredible talent and yes, what Milwaukee is doing this year is amazing. But has Giannis had that "wow, that's and MVP caliber performance" game or stretch of games? Maybe the recent one against Embiid and yes his stats are amazing. But how many times have we said that about Harden? All year long. He's had so many MVP performances that sometimes we and everyone else take it for granted. Giannis is still young and his time to win MVP will come. Harden has been in MVP mode since the season started and he hasn't let off the gas.

Sadboy and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

honestly I'm surprised people aren't talking about his defense the last two games...he has dialed up to PJ intensity on so many possessions

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I think we are all in shock ... and 61 points is the easier number to point to .

After all , you've got to really put in work if you want to get defensive stats .

But he has been excellent . He shut down derozan at the beginning of the game and also did a great job on LA

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  16. mikol13

Supporting Member

17. mikol13

Supporting Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bucks fans have been doing major damage control all day and are really starting to annoy me with their per 36 arguments and acting like Giannis could average an insane amount of points too, but he doesn’t average 25 shots a night like Harden...lol, yeah, I’m sure Giannis would have no problem creating all those extra drives and dunks to start producing 25 shots a game

u can’t average 36 ppg or 25 shots a game over the course of a season with no jumper, get real...

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Giannis your *** in line young fella