1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Muslim theatrics

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by gwayneco, Sep 20, 2005.

1. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

HayesStreet,

I just don't find much to debate when the article is talking about something silly like Afghani kids going to a German circus and all that.

It's really not a topic of 'controversy', and it seems like instead of actually reading the article, gwayneco just saw the key word he Googled (guess which one) and started posting those on the D&D.

Seriously, I just don't see much to debate here. Landmines bad? Yup. Unless you want to discuss the quality of the circus, it's difficult to know what to debate.

Anyways, I did debate in one of his threads, which dealth with the Holocaust.

2. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

Fair enough, but what's the point of the ridicule? If you don't see anything to debate or discuss then why waste time at all? Ad hoc attacks don't serve any real purpose IMO but turn the overall atmosphere of the board downward. Now if you combine a discussion or debate WITH an ad hoc attack... :D

Generally an article about Afghanistan would go in the D&D instead of the hangout. Possible you are right and he saw something positive dealing with Afghanistan and posted it - but what's wrong with that? Its good to see there ARE positives under the radar in Afghanistan. Instead the only thing that hasn't happened is glynch accusing him of hating Muslim oriented puppets! If its not an interesting post then not responding is the fastest way to make it irrelevant (it drops right off the front page). Instead in each one of the seven threads he started there were 10+ ad hoc attacks and few (at best) substantive responses.

3. tigermission1

Hmm...good idea, I admit I must work on that, so point taken.

What's wrong with that is that there is NOTHING TO DEBATE! :D

Seriously, I just don't know what you expect me to say? OK, here goes: German circus sucks! Those kids should've demanded a refund (although they paid nothing)

4. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Yes I agree that it sounds like a good program and kudos for the Afghanis and coalition forces for stabilizing things enough to do something like this. As others have pointed out not much controversy and given work and other constraints not willing to spend much time debating something with no controversy.

5. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

how come gwayneco does not seem to post anything except for negative articles?....he never discusses his own posts :confused:

man if you hate Muslims that much….you need to go to Iraq and kill some Mauslims…might “release the hate”

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I just want to know when I am going to see a thread in this forum about Papa Smurf. I don't care what anyone else says - that character was Don Messick's best voice ever - even better than the one he did for Scooby-Doo, dammit!

7. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

:confused: How about this one?

8. VinceCarter

VinceCarter Member

come on now Hayes... i think he has already posted all the negative articles he could find :D

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't challenge him Vince....

;)

10. HayesStreet

HayesStreet Member

lol, you could be right. :)

11. tigermission1

No, he just had to leave town to escape Rita and forgot his laptop behind ;)

12. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

lets hope he dont have acces to anti muslim sites for atleast a month... my brains dead after arguing pointlessly on these articles.