1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Moving to Fort Worth Area

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The_Yoyo, Jul 24, 2015.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

The most important question is who will stalk the Durant-Houston meetings in Beverly Hills next summer?

We need you!

2. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The moment you say "The 35" they'll turn on you.

1 person likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Ft. Worth is not dallas and is actually a pretty cool city. Coming from LA, you might struggle...but as far as that part of Texas goes, you could certainly do worse (by being 10 miles to the east in S. ok.)

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

This is hugely important. No one anywhere in Texas calls any road "the x". I don't know why but that is one of the things that drove me crazy when I was spending time in SoCal.

5. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I was nearly lynched when I first moved here from California and said "The 610". Miguel looked at me like I had just told him I was a turtle whisperer or something.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Surfguy lives in Fort Worth -- at least the last time I visited him there... where you at Surf?

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Cows. They got cows, The_Yoyo. Buy a rope. There is a great art museum, though. The Kimbell. It's world class.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Glad that you'll be able to attend some Rockets games now!...;)

As far as DFW area, be careful breh! They have some unusual customs around that area....

[​IMG]

Hope you have a strong back!...:p

9. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Welcome to the DFW area, I live in North Dallas. Fort Worth & Dallas are quite different from each other. You are going to be in middle of a great season for TCU football , Fort Worth is more laid back. Dallas is about glitz & glamour.

10. Buck Turgidson

I hate the city of Dallas with a passion, but Fort Worth is a great place. FW people are much more like Houstonians than Dallasites.

Don't know much about the residential areas around the city, and I have no idea how far you want to commute or anything, but check out Grapevine.

11. Buck Turgidson

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Yeah, if youre into that kind of stuff, youre gonna be pretty close to the biggest gay club in the world.

[​IMG]

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Bahaha...

14. tomato

tomato Member

Weeeeeeeeeeeirrrrd! Really odd!

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

Single? Live in ft. Worth off 183. There are some bad ass bars in the stock yards.

If not? Go down 121 around Bedford. Safe friendly area.

Ft. worth is nice. If they weren't so close to those ****asses in Dallas I too would consider living there. About half family lives there, and they all live in nice areas

16. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I'm in the 'Ft.Worth is not Dallas' crowd. Ft. Worth is a pretty cool town with a deep musical heritage, a strong arts community supported by lots of old money and it's own character. I went to school there in the 70's but still have friends that stayed.

The East side is pretty industrial and low income like any city, But out around TCU, the hills, trees, parks and restaurants make a pretty desirable place to live.

I haven't been North in many many years but with Aerospace, Alliance Airport and the new Facebook farm, it's probably pretty 'new subdivisiony'. The HEB area is pretty conservative.

You do want to limit your commute if you can though.

17. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

You're dead to us as well.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think Addison is the cool place to be, but its in Dallas. A lot of young professionals.

19. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Welcome to Fort Worth - don't listen to the people who are down on this place because of its location - it truly is a completely different city than Dallas. It has a completely different vibe. More laid back and definitely more Houston-like. It even has a similar rivalry to Dallas that Houston has.

Fort Worth will surprise you with all that they offer. There are great museums, the zoo is easily a top 10 in the country, the downtown living and nightlife is good, and the cost of living is great. Hang downtown if you're in to the rock/pop vibe, cultural district for live music/pubs/taverns, the Stockyards have a large # of country bars, and the newer Southside Magnolia area has a mixture of coctail lounges/bars.

For apartment living, you could try downtown if you want to be close to Sundance Square or the cultural district. If you want to be a little farther out and drive in, the Hurst/Euless/Bedford or H.E.B area is a good start. It's called the Mid-cities because it's right in the middle of both major metropolises - about 20 minutes to both Dallas and For Worth. It's very affordable. Euless has a Lot of nice apartments with singles, but it's the furthest from Fort Worth of the mid-cities. Traffic going to Fort Worth isn't bad from there though. The north burbs is one of the fastest growing areas in the country, but it's mainly houses and very few apartment choices, so apartments may be a little pricier due to demand. Traffic is bad that direction. Can't really tell you much about the west side.

Again, welcome to Fort Worth. If you have any other questions or anything I'll be glad to help. When it comes time for Rockets games, we sometimes get together for the nationally televised games in north Dallas. Make sure to join our Houston Rockets Dallas - Fort Worth Area Fans page keep up with our gatherings. Looking forward to seeing you at one of our meetups

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Check out Oak Cliff. Lots of affordable housing around that area.