1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wonder Woman 84

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

My point was to highlight all the new characters and tease a bit of the plot, in the trailer. I know very basic WW lore and I personally don't care for the Lasso of Truth. It's cool that she has a signature weapon (so to speak), but that'd be like the shield getting highlighted in a Captain America movie. Even Mjolnir wasn't exactly a huge highlight of Thor trailers.

It's completely personal preference, but I just find it odd that the Lasso was so highlighted. Webslinging lightning, spinning it at a great speed to deflect bullets, etc. Would have been cooler if I saw that in theaters, vs being revealed in the trailer. But again, that's just me.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hmmm

B-Bob and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I get you and it stood out to me as well but yeah Caps shield and Thor's hammer are all ways highlighted.

Maybe they are trying to make it her signature weapon like those, I thought the spinning bullet deflection was cool, the web slinging not so much.

I have to wonder if she has not done any of this in comics before.

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I spent a hazy week with that chick in the early 90's. Wild time.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

‘Wonder Woman 1984’ Release Date Pushed to Christmas

[​IMG]

Warner Bros. has postponed the release of “Wonder Woman 1984,” the latest development in Hollywood’s rocky plans to return to the movies.

The superhero sequel starring Gal Gadot, which was expected to debut on Oct. 2, will now touch down in theaters on Dec. 25, 2020.

“Patty is an exceptional filmmaker and with Wonder Woman 1984 she has delivered an incredibly dynamic film that moviegoers of all ages around the world will absolutely love,” said Toby Emmerich, Warmer Bros. Motion Picture Group chairman. “We’re very proud of the film and look forward to bringing it to audiences for the holidays.”

Director Patty Jenkins added, “First and foremost let me say how much Gal and I love all our devoted Wonder Woman fans around the world, and your excitement for ‘WW84’ couldn’t make us happier or more eager for you to see the movie. Because I know how important it is to bring this movie to you on a big screen when all of us can share the experience together, I’m hopeful you won’t mind waiting just a little bit longer. With the new date on Christmas Day, we can’t wait to spend the holidays with you!”

Warner Bros. recently took a risk in releasing “Tenet” on the big screen, marking the first major blockbuster to debut since movie theaters closed in March due to the pandemic. The $200 million-budgeted film, from director Christopher Nolan, launched over Labor Day weekend in the U.S. to a muted $20 million. Sources say the studio was waiting to assess ticket sales for “Tenet” before making a decision about moving “Wonder Woman.”

With the delay of “Wonder Woman 1984,” “Tenet” won’t face much competition among ticket buyers and could see a boost in sales in the coming weeks. For now, Disney and Marvel’s comic book adventure “Black Widow” on Nov. 6 is the next major film on calendars. In the meantime, smaller movies like Sony’s romantic comedy “The Broken Hearts Gallery” still plan to open this weekend.

Denis Villeneuve’s sci-fi epic “Dune,” also from Warner Bros., is still slated to open on Dec. 18, a week prior to “Wonder Woman 1984.” But there’s a good chance that film — starring Timothee Chalamet, Oscar Isaac and Zendaya — will be pushed into 2021 to avoid clashing for attention from audiences.

Nearly 70% of movie theaters in the U.S. have reopened, but important markets like New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco remain closed. Analysts suggest that it’s unwise to release big-budgeted movies until those areas can welcome patrons. The first “Wonder Woman” collected over $400 million from North American theaters in 2017 — and the sequel would struggle to even come close to that figure without some of the country’s biggest markets in play.

Warner Bros. has found massive success over the holidays with its DC properties. “Aquaman,” which released in 2018, generated over $1 billion after hitting theaters around Christmastime. The hope, barring a second wave of coronavirus, is that theaters in New York and Los Angeles will be able to open by then.

It’s not entirely surprising that the sequel “Wonder Woman” was postponed again. Four weeks ahead of its October release date, and the studio had hardly done any promotion. “Wonder Woman” is a hugely important franchise for Warner Bros., and the company couldn’t risk mediocre box office receipts.

“Wonder Woman 1984” has been delayed numerous times amid the pandemic. It was originally scheduled for June 5 before moving to Aug. 14 and then Oct. 2.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wonder-woman-1984-delayed-christmas-1234766774/

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

People understands the delays. WB will lose a lot of money if they release it now. Tenet despite being positive overall in reviews is going to have a tough time breaking even.

Hitting the snooze button like a tired person on Monday morning.

Original release dates:
    • November 1 2019
    • December 13, 2019
    • June 5, 2020
    • August 14, 2020
    • October 2, 2020
    • December 25, 2020

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ottomaton likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was not interested in this movie UNTIL they said it would be 4K UHD. Will watch now! We need HBO MAX on PS5 though. They don't have an app yet. Crazy.

tinman likes this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Xbox Series X does.....:rolleyes::D:cool:

tinman, Surfguy and Ziggy like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

i got apple tv, app is on there

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have Apple TV the native app.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

I got the hardware

Ziggy likes this.
  14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Fap fap fap fap

Sajan and Jontro like this.
  15. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

I just booked a theatre to watch this on Dec 26. Pretty excited...

16. TimDuncanDonaut

Not a perfect movie, but I think if you allowed yourself to wash over. It's an enjoyable experience. Suspend disbelief on some of the plot points, the emotional beats can hit well.

And whips, lot of lasso whips.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Only DC can screw up a good action film...

This movie is nothing like the 1st... Its slow as crap and boring...

T_Man

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

1 hour in, meh. It's executing the nostalgia thing worse than Captain Marvel. Hope the action gets good.

19. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

That first hour was tough to get through. It picked up some but overall this movie was very mediocre.

T_Man likes this.
  20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

My Facebook has been ALOT of Mixed reviews

None Glowing

Rocket River