1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Sing Street

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheFreak, Dec 23, 2016.

1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

This isn't new but I just saw it on Netflix. It did come out this year though. Anyone seen it? Recommended to anyone who likes the 80s, or music, or good movies.

2. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Sing Street was awesome! I didn't think it was the best movie of the year, like some people, but definitely worth seeing. Reminded me of how great a song "In Between Days" was.

3. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

1000000x saw it when it was in theatres.

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Saw it opening weekend, really enjoyed it, one of my fav movies of 2016

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It is an engaging and fun film with likable, well-acted characters in a great setting (Dublin). The male kid character lead Ferdia Walsh-Peelo really brought it home in a cast of unknowns. John Carney is responsible for this one and "Begin Again". I like what Mr. Carney has done so far and look forward to more of his films.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I didn't realize it was on Netflix. I paid 5 bucks to see it on Google Play.

I loved the movie. I guess I just liked the sound track a lot because I grew up in that era.

7. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fun and sweet film, but not in the same league as "Once" (which was done by same director). The Irish accent of the older brother was a distraction the way it would come and go, and the band seemed too polished and post 2000s style wise by the end. But that first song and their video was great.

8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I loved the movie. The songs really captured the era and the girl is a cutie pie.