1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Primer

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VesceySux, Jul 22, 2007.

Tags:
  1. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I just watched this movie tonight, and it left me totally confused. It's an indie movie (made for $7,000!) about 2 guys who accidentally create time travel. The bulk of the movie deals with time loops and the subsequent results of creating paradoxes and duplicates. After watching it (and going "WTF"), I checked out the long explanation on Wikipedia, and my brain almost exploded. I now think I get the basic gist of what the characters (and their duplicates) were trying to do, but damn is it confusing.

Has anyone else seen this movie?

2. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

lol 6+ year bump. just saw it on Netflix. I thought it was pretty cool, but I am going to have to see it again to even know why. It's very difficult to follow them thinking through their own actions and reactions. Figured there would be a thread here for it, but also thought there'd be more than one post. Anyway. Saw it. Really liked it. Not sure I really know what happened yet, but I liked it.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I love movies like this one. Inception took me a few sittings to create any idea of what was really going on.

Prometheus(and sorry to take it off topic) is a top ten movie of all time for me. Hidden inside it, is a theory that Jesus was an alien. I'm assuming the director was not allowed to shoot what he wanted, but after watching all the hints/ideas, I can confidently say Prometheus was simply incredible.

I need to check out Primer. Any time a movie makes you have to watch it multiple times, I become a fan.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I've watched it 3 times now, because it's completely impossible to understand on only 1 viewing. It's pretty cool, but it's kind of a chore to watch at the same time. Unless I'm forgetting one, it's by far the most confusing movie I've ever seen, but it's enjoyable at the same time. Not for everybody though, obviously.

5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Haha, nice bump. This movie is/was fantastic. I've seen it probably 3 times now, and it gets better each time for me.

What they're doing is a little complicated, but not so crazy that you can't understand it if you think about it for a few minutes. They still never really explain HOW the time travel is actually accomplished (but that's not really important per se to the story), but you understand WHAT is happening in terms of going back and forth in time, and trying to control the timing and duration of that window, it makes sense that you could daisy chain the effect into longer and longer windows of time travel.