1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie]Predator Reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Nov 4, 2016.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Or this,
    this was in the movie, right??? Haha

Xerobull likes this.
  2. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I really think she had too much work done or something. Like her face looks way different and it wasn't from aging, it's like something changed... If you look at G4TV and then a year or so away from that xmen movie coming out she was roughly the same, then movie came out, not sure if surgery or maybe working out/diet but just not the same.

She definitely didn't need work done if that was the case.

3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think if we're going to have to keep having reboots/sequels I'm more interested in Danny McBride in the new Alien, haha, not sure what to expect..

Then again this does have Key, so now they just need Peele. And then add in some Tropic Thunder cast... I really like the original and I guess 2 was okay (I only saw it when it originally came out so I might be using nostalgia/remembering wrong), but the original is definitely amazing and I've rewatched it many times :)

Side note, I did try to watch AVP... Terrible I think maybe Requiem I don't remember, it was so bad I don't even remember what it was about, I mean other than the title... And I wasn't even under the influence.

4. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I actually liked AvP:Requiem. The original AvP was awful. I hate when movies have a team of like X number of elite soldiers, a scientist or two, and a wilderness guide, and the soldiers all get chumped out while one of the scientists or the guide kick all the asses. I suppose it is drawing on the Ripley trope, where basically space dock worker Ripley goes all badass and outdoes all the space marines (for whatever reason it didn't bother me much in Aliens, probably just because it is such an awesome movie). In Predator though, it isn't the village girl that beats the Yautja, it is badass special ops soldier Dutch. Anyway, AvP:Requiem was cool and had the most badass of the Predators (Wolf, the cleaner).

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So SAWFT!!! . . . PG 13 . .. . this will be crap fest
    Why the hell is a kid into it. . . . just stupid

Might as well use the original VAN DAMMA Predator suit

Rocket River

B-Bob likes this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Well, Yvonne Strahovski joined the cast. Looks like I'm watching it now.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

[​IMG]

As for the movie, I just curious how they are going work the kid and everything into it. An odd choice but I'll wait to see some actual footage at the very least, Shane Black has a decent track record.....

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

[​IMG]

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

so they added predator hunting dogs... to hunt scrawny no-name inmates and a prince of wakanda.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

seriously those DYEL guys are all they could get? sucks that thomas jane has sunk so low, I bet he is hardly in it and they are trying to trick me.

12. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Weren't there Predator dogs in the Adrien Brody Predator?

His career trajectory took a nose dive when he turned down the Don Draper role in Mad Men.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The original Predator wasn't a cinematic master. It was great because it was so over top with its cheese and Machismo. It was like the original expendables.

VanityHalfBlack and tinman like this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I liked Predator 2 as well, it was like Danny Glover's Lethal Weapon character Murtaw vs the Predator in LA.

Xerobull likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They were. I actually think that movie, "Predators" was pretty good. It is my favorite after the original Predator.

Kim likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

A classic!

Don't forget the Rastafarian drug lord!

tinman likes this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

That was simply a device to flip the switch later and change the entire tone and plot to a horror movie making it scarier.

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It looks awful. I'd be shocked if it turns out to be good.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Looks like fun to me, I'll give it a shot with a flask of bourbon and a bucket of popcorn.

Predator *****
    Predator 2 ***
    Predators ***

That's all the movies that matter, it's a shame they totally ****ed up the Alien connection.

20. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Seeing Predator movies is a family tradition so I'm stoked for this one.

I have a buddy who worked on the post production of this movie (he does visual effects), and he assures me that it is great. I've bought 10 tickets for Friday for friends and family, so we shall see.

Surfguy likes this.