1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Deadpool 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Didn't love it. Don't think I even liked it. I loved the first one, but this one felt like it tried to be just the fun parts of the first one. I get the allure, and if this movie fits your interests I'm happy for you. Too many fourth wall breaks, way too meta, the comedy undercut the drama to the point the drama was almost meaningless. Like when key people die or are hurt you just don't care. It felt like a movie I would have made when I was 16, and again if that's your demo you'll love it.

2. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Almost to a T my sentiments exactly.

3. Buck Turgidson

Thought the first one was great, I was entertained. Thought this one was great, I was entertained.

What more do you dorks want?

Uprising and Joshfast like this.
  4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Gold bikinis

No Worries and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Finally saw it. Cracked me up.

Hi wade!

Hi Yuki!

seclusion and GRENDEL like this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

I think I prefer the first one slightly. The sequel is really good, but the first movie was fantastic.

P.S.:

GRENDEL likes this.
  7. PhiSlammaJamma

just saw'd it. Very funny. liked the evil dude. Not so much the fat kid. Both movies have me walking the line of laughing my ass off and gut wrenching cringes. That is what they are going for so good for them. The are still walking the fine line successfully.

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Just watched the Blu-ray version for the extra post ending scene. Definitely more rewatchable than avengers infinity war.

Zazie so fine.

9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

By evil dude you must mean the orphanage headmaster right?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

The Juggernaut.

fba34 likes this.
  11. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Ryan Reynolds is perfect for the character, and the humor is awesome (I like the explicit opera music during the final fight with Juggernaut), but let's be honest,, the story was terrible, and the laughs are the only saving grace. Cable was awesome, it was a shame he wasn't used in a better story. It is rewatchable though, and better than at least half of Marvel's movies.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

still can't believe dolly parton approved that usage

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It wasn't as good as the 1st, but still much much better than all of the other super hero crap thats been pumped out in the last decade.

Uprising likes this.
  14. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I dont know if she had a say or not, chances are the rights to the song usage are probably handled by the Label and Dolly gets royalty for it.

Or if she does outright own it I mean its still money for her

I saw the super duper cut the other night, I was hoping that it would be more of the lines of a whole scene that was cut out versus the 15-20 minutes were added in by adding in 30 -60 sec segments here than there. It was an entertaining movie to me but I felt it was relying too heavily on the meta stuff at times. Still really solid and if down the road if I am able to pick up the 4k for the same price I was able to get the original deadpool I will.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Saw it last night for first time. Not better than the first but still pretty decent.

16. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure she owns her rights, she is worth over half a billion dollars. She's owned her own production company for decades, and she has long held copyrights for most, if not all of her works. She's been at the front of artist rights for as long as I can remember.

The U.S. Copyright Office database shows 862 entries for Dolly Parton as either author or claimant. This database only records actions since January 1, 1978, including original registrations and renewals of items registered prior to 1978. There are additional earlier registrations for Dolly Parton which are accessed through the card file index housed in the Copyright Office. Entries for Dolly Parton include unpublished and published songs, sound recordings, and literary texts as well as visual art. The earliest entry for Dolly Parton in the automated database indicates the renewal in 1990 of a 1962 registration of "It's Sure Gonna Hurt", by Dolly and her uncle Bill Owens. "Put It Off Until Tomorrow" was renewed in 1993. Typically, music copyright deposits come in the form of sheet music or lead sheets; more recent registration deposits may consist of sound recordings.

No Worries and The_Yoyo like this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

Way too overhyped, heard and read plenty about it being better than the 1st. Was really disappointed though it's still entertaining I guess. Any sequel to a good movie like the first one, which was original in some ways, is hard to outdo and to me they tried too hard. The first one had the whole Ryan getting used to his new ugly face phase and the girlfriend for example. Now it was just action and forced humour.

Pizza_Da_Hut likes this.
  18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I wish they had dialed down the meta/4th wall humor down 10% and dialed up the dramatic/character parts up 10%. I liked it though. I'll agree, the overall story arc could have been better. Cable was awesome (I love the casting), but could have been used in a better story.

I'll be interested where they go from here, especially with Fox being gobbled up by Disney.

19. CCorn

CCorn Member

X force!

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Just saw it. Fairly disappointing compared to the first. Only laugh I got was the end credits with the old DP character.