1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Deadpool 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 15, 2016.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Of note, that theme song has almost surpassed Matt Damon's Scotty doesn't know in terms of movie made catchy.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Well supposedly the rumor is that Miller wanted to get away from the raunchiness and slapstick humor of the first and direct a more "artistic" movie. That didn't go over too well with Ryan Reynolds who wanted to keep the same tone as the first movie. The other disagreement was over Miller's support for Kyle Chandler to play Cable and Reynolds wasn't supporting that either. Either way, you can't fault Reynolds for wanting to keep the same tone and blueprint that made the first one really good. He's the one that stuck with the character and made a push for the movie to happen in the first place. You can replace the director of Deadpool but you can't replace the actor that plays Deadpool

Mac#5 likes this.
  3. PhiSlammaJamma

Not sure Ryan Reynolds can pull off artistic. He's perfect for this Deadpool character though. Would agree with Reynolds at this point, stick with the model that worked, though for sure the humor could easily tire if they push too far, something they almost did in the first movie.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Deadpool movie fell flat for me. Lead actor didn't have the on-screen charisma to pull off this kind of comedy. The way the movie was put together/told was kind of basic, it needed more.

5. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you are certainly in the small minority.

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Matthew Vaughn is the obvious choice for replacment I would think. Kick-Ass is very similar in tone to Deadpool and he's already directed a Fox Marvel movie (X-Men: First Class).

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Maybe but I think he's currently focused on the sequel for Kingsman.....

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

As much as I loved Kingsman, I wish he would have directed Kick Ass 2. We might be talking about Kick Ass 3 right now...

He definitely should have directed another X-men movie, even though I hated what they did to the continuity I ended First Class more than most of the others.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I heard that Miller wanted to make a MARVEL MOVIE . . .meaning he wanted to triple the budget
    and be more of a SUPERHERO movies like Iron Man, Thor, Etc?

Rocket River

10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Well whatever it may be, it didn't sit well with the lead actor, Ryan Reynolds, and producer, Ryan Reynolds. I'm sure the sequel will be fine without Miller at the helm. It's in Fox's best interest to make great DeadPool movies because that's going to be their cash cow comic-based movie for the foreseeable future.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

get james cameron to direct the movie and have a killer state-of-the-art visual movie... that will come out in 2027.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/deadpool-2-new-director-david-leitch-1201902642/

20th Century Fox has hired “John Wick” director David Leitch to helm “Deadpool 2,” less than a week after Tim Miller dropped out due to creative differences with star Ryan Reynolds.

Leitch also directed “The Coldest City.” He had initially been eyed by Fox to helm its long-in-development “X-Force” movie adaptation, but has since been tapped for the “Deadpool” sequel.

Yup this will work id say. Action will be on point and hopefully Reynolds can salvage the humor elements

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

These fools need to not **** up part 2 (which it looks like they're totally going to) before they start planning a third.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Why does it look like they're going to mess up part 2? because of the director drama?
    Sounds like the director was being ridiculous... you don't go away from what made the movie work.
    Sure, you don't want a Hangover situation where you basically make the exact same movie only not as good.
    But you have to keep true to the style.

The main reason Part 2 won't be as good is because its part 2. Notwithstanding the fact some of these comic book movies actually seem to get better in the sequels, for the most part you just can't recreate the magic.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

a) The director was a large part of why that movie was good.
    b) The musician (Junkie XL) that did the score left as well.
    c) This is Fox, they consistently screw up these movies. I have no reason to believe they won't screw this one.

Just because he wanted to make a bigger movie with a bigger budget, that means they're going away from what works? It was still going to be Ryan Reynolds and his sense of humor in it. Same writers. It was still going to be rated R. I don't think he was being ridiculous at all from the information provided.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think a more serious tone is better for Deadpool, because the jokes are more unexpected. If it is all fun and games it gets boring, IMO.

19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member