1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most dangerous city you've lived in or visit

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ghettostar85, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

Inspired by the "robbed" and "metro bus" threads I wanted to discuss the most dangerous city you've experienced.

I've visit alot of city and I've lived in Stockholm and Paris. I would say that Paris is the most dangerous city I've experienced. There is alot of crimes espacially in the suburbs where you see alot of gang violence between different blocks and youngsters robbing other youngsters and even violence between polices forces and theses suburb youngsters. Then you can add a high rate of pick pocking in the city of Paris.

When I lived there you had to be careful sometimes but you kind of get used with the athmosphere so I actually built up a toughness that I did not have before!

Stockholm is alot safer but there is still some violence here and there. Sometimes you read in the newspaper about youngsters robbing other youngster but its on a much elsser scale then in Paris and you dont see the same kind of gang structure overthere basically because it doesent exist.

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Paris was pretty gangsta. I was really put off by how anal retentive everyone was about keeping track of their stuff with respect to pick pockets. Plus the city is just soo nasty.

It made London seem all that much better in retrospect tho.

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I currently live in Chicago, so that's the obvious one.

Others include -

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Moscow, Russia
    Lahore, Pakistan (according to the media, at least)

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

New Orleans -- we went to some shows after jazz fest that were in some scary neighborhoods.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Grew up in Camden, NJ.

6. s land balla

winner.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyB3R6561FM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HyB3R6561FM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

border of carson and compton

9. Egghead

Egghead Member

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Houston of course.

Crime sucks down here, even when you're part of the problem. ;) J/K

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

west side of Baltimore

13. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

NYC - take your pick Harlem, Bronx, Queens or Brooklyn.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once I got an address mixed up and ended up at 116th and Morningside Ave., the wrong side of Morningside Park in NYC, at 5AM. That was probably the most uneasy I've been in a city in general. It was so bad that someone there told me I should leave.

When I was a kid I was in Beirut. It was during a lull in the fighting but still somewhat dangerous. I remember seeing burnt out tanks still in the streets.

15. ThaBlackKnight

I would say Houston is pretty bad...I can't even walk back to may car after dark at UH without being paranoid about being robbed/held at gun point...get emails EVERY WEEK abuot this kinda stuff happening.

I lived in Beaumont, and for a small city, its pretty bad there too, when I went to school there...thers some racial tension too in the Golden Triangle area, so that doesn't help matters either.

16. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

my entire dad's side of the family lives there. my cousin's best friend, who i met several times, got shot right between the eyes over a game of madden one week after he turned 18. not exactly the right side of the tracks.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

For me I've spent a significant amount of time in Newark, NJ and Baltimore, MD and both places are trouble. Was just in Newark this past week, in fact, wandering around Penn Station.

Mexico City is another place I've been that is completely not safe.

Honestly Houston in the months following hurricane Katrina was as bad as any of them, though. That was horrible.

I've spent time in Stockholm and thought it was absurdly safe.

18. s land balla

In general, NYC is one of the safest large cities in the world. Violent crime in Houston and Chicago are way worse.

19. Ghettostar85

Ghettostar85 Member

Riots in a train station in Paris

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y20KAmGkW5g&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y20KAmGkW5g&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

New Orleans...